BS6/Euro5 477 now possible - Racedynamics released the new V.4 Powertronic for the Hima

But you have to pay my ticket back and forth to India! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
If I sell 20 more 477 sets I may consider it - but then you would need a BS6 as well and a PT and a 477 set with cam - and all of it in Bangalore not where I live (and where the mountain fun is living as well).
So I guess we are both waiting for a rich uncle in USA or somewhere else do leave is a big inheritance ....

I did exactly that - the map to download has map1 as the "milder" map and map2 as the one with 7+4 plus enhanced timing
Only one thing, put the timing on the milder map like the one you had on the map for the PT3.

Did a short around-the-block test run and YES !!! now the bike feels close if not identical to the carby.
So this map with added 7 or 4 will be the one I suggest for ppl with 477 and cam and available from the download page.
Will it never be as good as a Carby then?
Black and White TV was good enough as well come to think of it :giggle:

So now this one will be taken to the Mountains?

That would explain the Compass! it was never designed to read directions, but to get you Lost :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dyno, I think that is a dead end, it is not one run, one run barely sets a Base line, which is not to say an expert could not do it in one run if they "chose to use " an Alien ( to them because they use another ) software which is what PT effectively is .
Dyno machines are hooked up to their own computers and use the software provided, the Tuner may not be keen to make such concessions such as " just try this".

I have tried a few of these systems albeit I have stuck to 1 Dyno machine, and by that 1 Tuner as well.

Last edited:
That would explain the Compass! it was never designed to read directions, but to get you Lost :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dyno, I think that is a dead end, it is not one run, one run barely sets a Base line, which is not to say an expert could not do it in one run if they "chose to use " an Alien ( to them because they use another ) software which is what PT effectively is .
Dyno machines are hooked up to their own computers and use the software provided, the Tuner may not be keen to make such concessions such as " just try this".

I have tried a few of these systems albeit I have stuck to 1 Dyno machine, and by that 1 Tuner as well.
@Dool in @sam2019's case there is no possibility to interpret correctly the data from the dyno like we did for the RB, because we don't know what the underlying base map is! So everytime you add or subtract in the PT software, you're acting on percentages over an unknown base map.

That's why it has to be done live, "feeling" immediately how the changes are affecting the AFR.

I already proposed to get there if someone pays me a ticket, the proposal is still standing! :ROFLMAO:

Personally am happy with the map we have got. if its 95% I settle for that. there is a law of diminishing returns and in this particular case the returns are truly diminished LOL.

I already proposed to get there if someone pays me a ticket, the proposal is still standing! :ROFLMAO:
You are welcome to start a "go fund me" and publish it here - who knows how many future BS6 owners who also want a big bore kit crave for the last 5%. I would not sell the farm yet though.

It would have to be said that this Map is the best hope for the Bs6 and is quite likely underrated, PT has not been the main driver again.

You are welcome to start a "go fund me" and publish it here - who knows how many future BS6 owners who also want a big bore kit crave for the last 5%. I would not sell the farm yet though.
I broke down and this homeless man helped me with his last dollar, can you help him?
Sounds reasonable to me:ROFLMAO:

So you didnt mark your throttle ;)
No, I did not get what its good for. I mean Sasa developed the values for the map based on an existing dynoed PC map. throttle positions are already taken care in that.

It would have to be said that this Map is the best hope for the Bs6 and is quite likely underrated, PT has not been the main driver again.
it is their ONLY hope. for now.

No, I did not get what its good for. I mean Sasa developed the values for the map based on an existing dynoed PC map. throttle positions are already taken care in that.
The Marking of the Throttle indicates the level of involvement in the process, collecting Data is part of the process.

Thats how the RB has evolved and the PT is not yet proven except in a non scientific mish mash method. just my opinion.

The Marking of the Throttle indicates the level of involvement in the process, collecting Data is part of the process.

Thats how the RB has evolved and the PT is not yet proven except in a non scientific mish mash method. just my opinion.
I suggest you start a new thread "how to optimize map making in the absence of a dyno".
I read your message but apart from thinking it unnecessary I also did not elicit from your post how to actually do it or under what circumstances. Running engine? while driving? with the notebook on my tank bag? - the entire idea behind this marking of the throttle does not come across something I understand - and on a broader issue: many of your "explanations" suffer from the lack of imagination what the prospective reader might or might not know or understand of what you just said - or the wider implications and technical environments.
You seem to assume that your reader is on the same page - so just a few bread crumbs throw in his direction will be good enough. They are not. Remember when I published a whatsapp Q&A with RD staff? you commented: "told you" - yeah, maybe you did BUT when RD explained it I understood it - when you tried to explain it I did not - hence the Q & A. Cut down on the Aussi humor and add more clarity would be my suggestion. This is a technical forum, not a sitcom.

V4 PT has a plug for the USB port that is easily lost :poop:.. (the V3 plug was fixed to the device!)

Attachments

• 20230216_170849.jpg
    20230216_170849.jpg
    897.1 KB · Views: 81
Yes well lets be Technical then, that is why data collection is important as opposed to Seat of the Pants expressions given with no way of correlation.
Marking out the throttle is like trying to find where you are on a Map, you have to get the Data or you walk around a lot lost.

Look at the Software the X and Y axis relate to Revs ( which you can see on a Himalayan) and throttle position which you cannot.
So if changes to the Map are to be made both x and y must be known.
That is why I suggested marking the throttle as I did , just because RD explained it better to you it does little good if they neglect tell you this. It is crucial to the process. IMO

not the cable, the plug for the port
you cant use a cable for plug, there is no space for it under the pillion seat

not the cable, the plug for the port
you cant use a cable for plug, there is no space for it under the pillion seat
Don't drive thru water over the seat, should be okay.

Back