BS6/Euro5 477 now possible - Racedynamics released the new V.4 Powertronic for the Hima

8.2mm I believe.
As opposed to 8.5 on the Kent. Screenshot_20230408_183331_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:
@Sasa: I still have issues with knocking on the BS6 with PT and FuelX Pro at 10. Would wholesale adding fuel help? or maybe it is a timing problem? this happens with supposedly 95RON fuel. Also the power output is not nearly what I would suspect given the bike has a 477 plus the new HT-C with decompressor. I am considering trying the Ken cam when it gets back on the market. The difference between HT-c and stock is too small to be worth the trouble.
Any new developments on this matter? my Hitchcocks stage 2 cam is also a Kent cam, i hope this gets resolved

Well at this stage of the game you have the best option for pure performance.
This could change in the future, also pure performance is not what everybody wants, some just want a bit more without doing everything to their engine.
The difference between the stock and HTC is in my opinion about right for most people and it has the Decomp which can be handy.
My 443 has the Stage 2 it is a pig to start, needs more fuel but goes like a Scalded Cat, not everyones cup of tea.
My testing of the HTC is only just about to begin as FedEx stuffed me around for 2 weeks and I only got it yesterday.

First impressions are that it should cost more for the amount of extra work gone into it's manufacture, see how it goes on a 0 to 100kph Test.

Any new developments on this matter? my Hitchcocks stage 2 cam is also a Kent cam, i hope this gets resolved
Did you get the 477 in the end?

This thread kind of slipped through my finger so I forgot to answer to @sam2019.

Anyhow I seem to recall that I wrote somewhere that HT-C cam seemed to have more duration than HT-B, hence if you want to go better @sam2019, you should increase fuel throughall the table. I'd say +3/4% up to 4500 RPM (all TPS row) and +5/7% above that.

I don't know if you fixed it already, but I think the HT-C cam has potential, by looking and its lobe profiles...

Did you get the 477 in the end?

Well... not yet. At this point i doubt if it would be possible to get the fueling right on my Euro5 (BS6), due to a recent event where i ran briefly on the freeway with full throttle. At the last 5% of throttle the fueling had an on/off characteristic witch resulted in a CEL for hi engine temp (i think). The on/off behavior let me to believe there are other fueling issues at play (besides the ECU limitations) that need to be resolved first (fuel pump, injector, vacuum in the fuel tank) things like this witch leads to full throttle on/off fuel starvation witch then again leads to engine overheating and a CEL. (check engine light) first thing to check is the fuel pump i guess.

you should increase fuel throughall the table. I'd say +3/4% up to 4500 RPM (all TPS row) and +5/7% above that.
Did the 4% and 7% as suggested, will report the results
this is map2 now (the one I use) - control (tps) did not change so I wont do calibration

Attachments

• map2.jpg
    map2.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 81
  • control.jpg
    control.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 80
Well... not yet. At this point i doubt if it would be possible to get the fueling right on my Euro5 (BS6), due to a recent event where i ran briefly on the freeway with full throttle. At the last 5% of throttle the fueling had an on/off characteristic witch resulted in a CEL for hi engine temp (i think). The on/off behavior let me to believe there are other fueling issues at play (besides the ECU limitations) that need to be resolved first (fuel pump, injector, vacuum in the fuel tank) things like this witch leads to full throttle on/off fuel starvation witch then again leads to engine overheating and a CEL. (check engine light) first thing to check is the fuel pump i guess.

Fuel pump only spits out 150 ml , should be 210-240... first replace that one then...
Fuel Pump Test.jpg

Have you got a Pump arranged? the post on REOF just recently by scottfree had an amazon link I recall for a generic pump.
If you need measurements I have one sitting on my desk.

Have you got a Pump arranged? the post on REOF just recently by scottfree had an amazon link I recall for a generic pump.
If you need measurements I have one sitting on my desk.
Thanks, but i all ready ordered a correct one (with the white plastic housing) from India. Did your pump also not meet the goal of 210-240?

Thanks, but i all ready ordered a correct one (with the white plastic housing) from India. Did your pump also not meet the goal of 210-240?
No I bought it as a Spare. pulled it apart for fun but yet to reassemble because they are hard to pull apart unless you have 3 hands!

You guys will not believe that: my PT4 was wrongly connected the entire time. My mechanic says he had to do it "by intuition" as we all recollect, there was no manual or instruction available when I first got it. Consequently also the FuelX harness was inserted in the wrong way. I only figured it out by pure chance: when playing with the PT actually on the bike connected to my computer I switched to DIALS and they did not move although the engine was running. PT support said than some configuration showed a faulty connection. The ones I could access without tools where all OK so off I went to Tashi who removed the tank and voila - loads of faulty connections. I had to hand the phone to a Hindi speaker which made com with the Racedynamics guy on Whatsapp videocall a lot more efficient. After about 15 minutes all was done a it dawned on me that I had spent loads of cash and not to mention time in hunting a fault that could have been easily fixed if someone had pointed me towards it earlier.
Now I will have to rework the fuel and timing tables as all the feedback I gave @Sasa was based on the faulty connections.
Good thing I have nothing else to do :confused:

I believe it, makes as much sense as the faults now :unsure:

You guys will not believe that: my PT4 was wrongly connected the entire time. My mechanic says he had to do it "by intuition" as we all recollect, there was no manual or instruction available when I first got it. Consequently also the FuelX harness was inserted in the wrong way. I only figured it out by pure chance: when playing with the PT actually on the bike connected to my computer I switched to DIALS and they did not move although the engine was running. PT support said than some configuration showed a faulty connection. The ones I could access without tools where all OK so off I went to Tashi who removed the tank and voila - loads of faulty connections. I had to hand the phone to a Hindi speaker which made com with the Racedynamics guy on Whatsapp videocall a lot more efficient. After about 15 minutes all was done a it dawned on me that I had spent loads of cash and not to mention time in hunting a fault that could have been easily fixed if someone had pointed me towards it earlier.
Now I will have to rework the fuel and timing tables as all the feedback I gave @Sasa was based on the faulty connections.
Good thing I have nothing else to do :confused:
Start over from the very first map I sent you, that should work very well now!

Anyhow light a candle to the Gods of dumb luck, it’s a miracle the bike works with the wrong input from sensors…

Anyhow light a candle to the Gods of dumb luck, it’s a miracle the bike works with the wrong input from sensors…
No candle for the gods! it was bad luck that this shit worked when it wasnt supposed to. I would have looked more closely at the connectors and found out a year ago. but so it was a wild goose chase I could have done without!!

tested the racedynamics maps, they work but no power, then the ONX dyno trial map, also no power, your 1st map is on now, will check today.

Too many irregularities here, how is it Possible to connect the Fuel Ex harness in Reverse?

The Loom that goes into the O2 Sensor circuit has 4 wires and connectors each end, a Male connector and a Female connector, I can not see how it is possible to connect 2 Females or 2 Males as they do not go together. :unsure:

Too many irregularities here, how is it Possible to connect the Fuel Ex harness in Reverse?

The Loom that goes into the O2 Sensor circuit has 4 wires and connectors each end, a Male connector and a Female connector, I can not see how it is possible to connect 2 Females or 2 Males as they do not go together. :unsure:
my loom is different. might be worth taking a look at the manual

Last edited:
@Sasa, I have now reached the 4th and last iteration of maps you did with me back in feb. The engine runs ok but power is less than the carby 477 and a lot less than the carby 500. it may be due to elevation 2500m. still sputtering when i release throttle.

@Sasa, I have now reached the 4th and last iteration of maps you did with me back in feb. The engine runs ok but power is less than the carby 477 and a lot less than the carby 500. it may be due to elevation 2500m. still sputtering when i release throttle.
I suggest evaluate the maps once you're back at lower altitude, any bike would struggle above 2000m. Air density at 2500 is 20-25% less than at see level, your power would decrease about the same percentage.

Funny enough, after using v4 of your map for a few days it would stall (!!!) the bike after approx. 6km ride - every time. Then I went back to V1 (I have not saved the intermediate map versions unfortunately) this disappeared.
Of course it is a complete miracle to me how this is possible. I mean v1 and v4 only differ in a few settings regarding the fuel afaik.

Back