BS6/Euro5 477 now possible - Racedynamics released the new V.4 Powertronic for the Hima

Checking the Compression of a Build gives data that may help later on, I have done a Comp test, swapped cams and tested again to find a different reading.
On one Cam I installed the Bike only ran at high revs would not idle and had dropped its compression Drastically, duration and lift and Timing of such all came together and as a result the Compression was lost.
How a Cam performs at High Revs would not always be detected by a Compression test which of course is Low revs :) but it is good data if things appear to go wrong or get Better.

On the Subject of the PT for a Bs6, because of the Combined ECU Throttle Body, MAP and TPS sensors the PT has less to Tap into and the FuelX is a Must for full range tuning.

Could i first be improving by installing a PT V4 on my current config? and how could i get an optimized map for this (or any) situation?
Thanks for your input!

Could i first be improving by installing a PT V4 on my current config? and how could i get an optimized map for this (or any) situation?
Thanks for your input!
Keep checking here @Sasa will, I believe be of assistance.

Keep checking here @Sasa will, I believe be of assistance.
well, for the 477 with cam we have a map in the support section
check here:

then also get the Fuelx pro and set it to 10

Thanks for your input!
Unlikely - @Sasa may comment on it but basically nobody has your configuration (BS6 and Hitch) and the effort would be wasted for the 477 which is the main objective here. Getting it right is an elaborate effort - if you plan to upgrade anyway I would not waste the energy or time.

Thanks for your input!
@Eddy the Mad please PM me with details of your current bike configuration and we can sort something out.

I don't have a PT nor a BS6 bike but, if you're willing to test a little with me, we can come up with a suitable map I'm sure...

Perhaps of interest, this is from reof, this guy has got 3 videos on this subject.
Whether any of it is true I don't know

98 can overheat the engine ??? How does higher Octane number achieve that?

the second part is where he raves about the update. given that the PT uses the stock ECU I will investigate with Ranjeet if thats available in India.

the second part is where he raves about the update. given that the PT uses the stock ECU I will investigate with Ranjeet if thats available in India.

Yes 98 is dangerous, but don't worry, you don't get Fuel that good in India 😁
The higher Octane burns at a different rate, I'm leaving this to an Engineer, @Sasa

I didnt watch all of it, he state his fuel consumption and that left me Cold, did x amount of kms on such and such fuel ( an exact figure) then has approximately y amount of liters remaining.
Scientific it is not, IMO, data is data and Corrupted Data is Corrupted Data.
I saw a vid recently where the guy say he's has got x amount of horsepower out of his 462 and he has corrupt Data like no base line, no subsequent Dyno Data and just a lot of hyperbole ( I like that word!) hey but I could be Jealous :unsure:

Yes 98 is dangerous, but don't worry, you don't get Fuel that good in India 😁

Google says:
Is Shell V Power 95 octane in India?
New Shell V-Power unleaded is a 99RON octane fuel. By comparison, regular Shell unleaded is 95RON

The higher Octane burns at a different rate, I'm leaving this to an Engineer, @Sasa
I wasn't 100% sure and, as Dool likes to say, I have been wrong in the past, so I googled it - and no, you cant damage your engine with high octane fuel, only with too low octane fuel.

What happens if you use too high octane fuel?
Engine computers can usually adjust their timing to account for the increased octane levels, so if you put premium gas in a regular car, you probably won't notice anything. However, some engines are not designed to burn higher-octane fuel, and you may see a reduction in performance and fuel economy.

If google says it correct then Who am I to contradict :(

Apparently we in OZ just get shit from somewhere else, the govt in their wisdom gave up on keeping refining at home, because that is what govts do, they suck up to/give in to the Multinationals, like we have 2 weeks supply of the precious/Greenhouse gass producing stuff on hand at any one time.
Politics like UFC is rigged:cool:

@Eddy the Mad please PM me with details of your current bike configuration and we can sort something out.

I don't have a PT nor a BS6 bike but, if you're willing to test a little with me, we can come up with a suitable map I'm sure...
That's very nice of you, but i might just pull the trigger on the 477 set and for that same config (more or less) you already made a map! 🍻

The overheating is indirect, meaning that with higher octane fuel you can push timing further before bumping into knocking.
More advance leads to higher temperature of the engine and higher power.
That’s the reason why I advise to use map2 of V6 file (the performance map) only on cooler days and not above 35C…

@Sasa: I still have issues with knocking on the BS6 with PT and FuelX Pro at 10. Would wholesale adding fuel help? or maybe it is a timing problem? this happens with supposedly 95RON fuel. Also the power output is not nearly what I would suspect given the bike has a 477 plus the new HT-C with decompressor. I am considering trying the Ken cam when it gets back on the market. The difference between HT-c and stock is too small to be worth the trouble.

Back