Forced cooling

As this indicates, all the flow go's from the Pump and relief valve to the Cooler via the LH side oil line ( the one I forgot to tighten ! ) after it washed out the old oil cooler I fitted and the hoses I made at home. it conveniently went to the Oil Filter via the other hose I made which hasn't leaked yet:).
So time to change the Filter !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230202_215740_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20230202_215740_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    633.9 KB · Views: 74
Peter it seems to me that even 'just' replacing the Oil Lines would improve the cooling capacity of our bikes!? I'd Still go for the Forced Cooling when the option arrives, but I'll have my eyes out for an outfit that can make these Hydraulic Hoses too...
Bob, I am working on a "fit all" solution, I have just ordered the parts( perhaps they will all come together),
Shopping list so far, but not including Hose ( AN-6 )

Cooler, that measures 50mm longer and 11mm wider than OEM, should be a decent increase!
Banjo Bolts to attach to said Cooler.
Banjo Hose ends to suit the cooler and also to fit and replace the OEM oil lines

A bracket will need to be made no doubt although the hole spacing is the same so no biggy!

H1d23db488d454cc5bc92d7880d27384eo.jpg

S6b8f6f7db1d849dd83910307d04481cbt.jpg

HTB1iOJ4SFXXXXatapXXq6xXFXXXx.jpg

Bob, I am working on a "fit all" solution, I have just ordered the parts( perhaps they will all come together),
Shopping list so far, but not including Hose ( AN-6 )

Cooler, that measures 50mm longer and 11mm wider than OEM, should be a decent increase!
Banjo Bolts to attach to said Cooler.
Banjo Hose ends to suit the cooler and also to fit and replace the OEM oil lines

A bracket will need to be made no doubt although the hole spacing is the same so no biggy!

H1d23db488d454cc5bc92d7880d27384eo.jpg

S6b8f6f7db1d849dd83910307d04481cbt.jpg

HTB1iOJ4SFXXXXatapXXq6xXFXXXx.jpg
I see you liked my proposal! 😉m

Anyhow that radiator is available with both M12 or M14 thread. Wouldn’t be better to go M14 to maximize oil flow?
What about the stock connections? Are they M14 or M12?

I see you liked my proposal! 😉m

Anyhow that radiator is available with both M12 or M14 thread. Wouldn’t be better to go M14 to maximize oil flow?
What about the stock connections? Are they M14 or M12?
I could only find 10 and 12mm, stock is m14.

I could only find 10 and 12mm, stock is m14.
That's a pity, I'm gonna dig harder! Just a question @Dool: do these AN6/Banjo adapters come in different banjo orientation? Say 45/60/90 degree of the banjo! it would be interesting to optimize the shape of the pipes.

Wait and see Bob, I am the test monkey on this again. ( not all of Sputnik was a success ! )

My Calcs give this a worthwhile rating but I did not take into account a Fan.
With the greater area a Fan does not seem like it could detract as much so why not do it ! the need would not occur when the Heated Hand Grips and associated Stuff some people attach occurs so the mostly inadequate alternator should suffice

That's a pity, I'm gonna dig harder! Just a question @Dool: do these AN6/Banjo adapters come in different banjo orientation? Say 45/60/90 degree of the banjo! it would be interesting to optimize the shape of the pipes.
Strangely my aliexpress went Italian after the last link you sent me and caused much problems because I am not Bi lingual 🙃

I bit the bullet and ordered one of those SPAL fan...

It should arrive beginning of February... I'll keep you posted on the progress...
Is it not the Beginning of February Yet?

Is it not the Beginning of February Yet?
It should come this week!

Apparently parts from India take less than those from Italy! 🤷‍♂️

Global Supply Issues, very complex :ROFLMAO:

EU restrictions dont help either.

"due to European Union Import Control System (EU ICS2)"

That is the Engineer in You, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

IMG_20230223_105646_resized_20230223_111002984.jpgso today I got my cooler, pity it looks the part but has the wrong port size, I ordered 12mm.
Hose fittings and Banjo Hose End look good .

Cooler is Sufficiently bigger ?, well it bigger anywayIMG_20230223_105117_resized_20230223_111242626.jpgIMG_20230223_105209_resized_20230223_111242478.jpg

What did I tell you about the size? Isn’t it the same width as the original, just a little longer?

Hate to say I told you! 🤣🤣🤣

Supplier was quick to respond, send it back and get a new one, they pay the freight.
So I will probably not return it as I just so happen to have a 12x1.25 Tap and should be able to find a 10.8mm drill bit and tap it out saving the 3 weeks turn around. p :cool:

Supplier was quick to respond, send it back and get a new one, they pay the freight.
So I will probably not return it as I just so happen to have a 12x1.25 Tap and should be able to find a 10.8mm drill bit and tap it out saving the 3 weeks turn around. p :cool:
Just be aware of the metal chips, we don't want them to wander around in your cooling system, do we? :ROFLMAO:

Back