The "Red ECU" thread

1674717974502.png

@sam2019 your TPS configuration values are off.

As you can see here the gauge is indicating 4% TPS while the indicator is on the idle row.

Please send a picture of the "option" page of the software when the PC is connected to the RB, after doing a "Read All".

But surely the Throttle Learn would sort this :unsure: if it was done!

But surely the Throttle Learn would sort this :unsure: if it was done!
I was under the impression the throttle learn values remain the same from last learning cycle if not "re-learned" - or are they reset to some arbitrary value each time one loads a map?

anyway, bike is in the shop now (although nobody there to work on it today) - tomorrow we do the air injection delete as of Dools instructions.
Does that emission control canister under the bashplate have any influence on the cold start? If so we will disconnect that too.
While we are at it we also change the head gasket as this one seems to be a tiny bit leaky, at least it looks that way.
Bike has been paid so I am under pressure to get it out in good running condition asap.

I was under the impression the throttle learn values remain the same from last learning cycle if not "re-learned" - or are they reset to some arbitrary value each time one loads a map?
Every time you load the map you have to change TPS values, otherwise you're going to be using those from my bike.

Please refer to this post and follow each and every step with religious rigor...

anyway, bike is in the shop now (although nobody there to work on it today) - tomorrow we do the air injection delete as of Dools instructions.
Does that emission control canister under the bashplate have any influence on the cold start? If so we will disconnect that too.
While we are at it we also change the head gasket as this one seems to be a tiny bit leaky, at least it looks that way.
Bike has been paid so I am under pressure to get it out in good running condition asap.
Do the air injection delete and get rid of that f**king canister, it causes more harm than good (cut offs, poor idle, etc.)

Once you have read the abovementioned forum, load the V6 special edition I'm about to send to you (so we start fresh) following each and every step in the procedure.

Warm up the bike and verify warm idle is 1250 +/-50 RPM, otherwise adjust idle screw.

Modify cold idle (if needed) acting on ECT comp INJ as described in my other thread.

Also... IF you try to change the Idle on the TB itself while also messing about with the software, This WILL Cause the TPS Values the Change. Ask me how I know!...
Bottom line is that one Must follow All of the Instructions to the letter; ain't no shortcut's to this. I'll be doing my 2nd Morning Start tomorrow after a very nice bump up in start-ability from my 1st round today.
(Un-related: I installed the YSS Fork Kit today. It got dark so I didn't get it all buttoned up but I'm excited to test it on the way to work in the morning. FYI the earlier Shock & Fork Mod's from Zedling Suspension, an outfit here in India, proved... not so good. So I went YSS front & rear. Live & Learn...)
B

leave the Coil connected and stuff it under the Tank, thats what I did on the 443.
what are these for in the Hitch kit?

Attachments

• 92107 1200.jpg
    92107 1200.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 71
to make a bypass for the harness, you need a resistance in the circuit to stop the check light coming on, just as easy to leave the unit connected I think.

to make a bypass for the harness, you need a resistance in the circuit to stop the check light coming on, just as easy to leave the unit connected I think.
so you did not change anything in the harness? getting a resistor on short notice could be a problem and there is none in the Hitch kit afaics.

Did hitch work a resistor into the plug they sell or is the plug just nice looking shorting the 2 ends of the wire?

Not sure, they changed the set it was different when I bought it 2 years ago.

If this bike is using the Red Box then just leave the unit unplugged.

Did all the changes, implemented a special map from Sasa - bike starts well now and runs a bit lazy under 2500rpm, before it picks up but that was still in cold condition. tomorrow morning we do the ultimate test. Only thing I forgot was removing the air inlet thingy (airfilter)

Attachments

• 20230127_094126.jpg
    20230127_094126.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 71
Did all the changes, implemented a special map from Sasa - bike starts well now and runs a bit lazy under 2500rpm, before it picks up but that was still in cold condition. tomorrow morning we do the ultimate test. Only thing I forgot was removing the air inlet thingy (airfilter)

@sam2019 I really don't know what you did BUT that ain't the map I sent you.

Just for comparison here is a screenshot from your video
1674818583417.png

And this is the Map3, but from the file I sent you.

1674818804215.png

Compare the numbers, they are not the same.

Moreover you changed IDLE base values on map2 but not map3...

possible mixup. I made a map file based on your earlier suggestions (only map2 was changed) - then I ALSO saved the one you sent me - but both where on the desktop of my notebook that I use for ECU programming. So I guess I mixed them up bc both have "sam" in the name.

will put the correct one on tomorrow before we start up the engine first time.

fuckin Murphy at work again!!

Back