Red box installation

Yes the driver is installed and the box is connected ( green button ) .
The message appear when i try to calibrate the throttle or load the V5 file ..
The software has been download via the forum link as well as the V5
Also impossible to "read all " to obtain the internal factory set up .

Last edited:
BTW did you install the driver for the cable? They are in a separated folder respect to the main software.
He must have installed the driver - or else the red box would not have been identified by windows.
I also have never seen an error like that.

My suggestion is to find an older computer with windows 7 to cancel out the option that a recent update is the reason (I have not used a red box in over 6 month with my carby and BS6 bikes).

also: copy/paste the french text into a translator so we can have an idea what it says. FrmStudyTPS in google only gives nonsensical answers. There is the option to "continue" - what happens if you choose that?

It seems related to the TPS calibration - an assumption based on the name of the error message.

Ask Patrick if he used the software and if it worked for him. It is also possible that the software is allergic to french - try installing an english windows - backup your system, install english - test the software, then restore your old system or if you know how to do it install an english virtual machine windows 7 or 10.

Allergic to French ...
A friend of mine already told me that but never a computer
Windows 7 could be the solution , i will hunt for a living one
I keep you update

I have Connect the box to a window 7 , but still have the same issue.
Look like it is come from a software bug , the software indicate a « just in time debugging problem »

I did install the downloadable version on my english windows 7 virtual machine and it ran 100%.

I also asked ChatGPT this question:
a car ECU configuration program gives error in a french windows 10 version but not in english windows 10 - can this error be based on the OS language?
and I got this response:
In general, it is possible that a program can behave differently on different language versions of an operating system due to differences in how certain system components or settings are handled. For example, the program may be relying on a specific system file or setting that is present in the English version of Windows 10 but not in the French version.
If the program is designed to be language-independent and is encountering issues on the French version of Windows 10, it could be a compatibility issue or a bug that is triggered by certain system settings or configurations in the French version.
To troubleshoot the issue, it may be helpful to consult with the program's developers or technical support team, as they may have more insight into the specific cause of the issue and any potential solutions or workarounds. Additionally, checking for updates or patches for the program or for the French version of Windows 10 may also help resolve the issue.

@Sasa: is your windows Italian? If so it is likely the language does not matter and it is another issue.
Maybe a clean new install can help. god knows what is installed on that system and might interfere with the IO process.

we do not know if it is the software. the cable may be damaged or even the red box itself. there simply is no way of knowing. you could send it to Sasa in italy which would be cheaper saver and faster than sending it to me - and he could try it. I know only one German owning the box but he is kind of a recluse and he also has the PT and uses that for his BS4 so the options are limited.

Turn off the Malware/anti-virus type stuff and disconnect from the internet :unsure: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I saw from your screen shot that is showed " Connected to ECU' and a lot of Zero's did it not accept a chosen Map, is it not possible to load anything ?

Throttle Learn can I think be skipped and the values inserted, but if you cannot " Read All" then its Grim.

Thank for your replies

The first concern is that the software is not able to load V5 map and i guess any other maps , a message of error appear .
I guess that even without connected the red box you should at least be able to load a map , right ?

I have also reinstall the soft using the cd room but still have this error message .
I don’t think the issue come from hardware as i am not able to load map .

The red box is now reset with some factory setting due to some bad manipulation i made , the bike was hardly running so i have reinstall the Oem ecu as i need the bike to run daily , but not the best option .

That‘s it , not sure where to start investing

That‘s it , not sure where to start investing
you mean investigating.

1) factory setting means it can run the 477, just not optimal
2) there is no logic in assuming it is "not the hardware because I cant load the map"
3) the last thing you should do before sending it for testing to someone else is install a clean windows, preferably an english one
4) as mentioned before at this point we do not know what the reason is - most likely it is the computer configuration, second the usb cable and third the red box itself. there are dozens of red boxes out there and I never heard of this error before.

Reset can be drastically different to our maps, I thought it was to be avoided.

You should be able to open maps without a RB connected, just when you save a change it will ask to be connected.

You should be able to open maps without a RB connected, just when you save a change it will ask to be connected.
reset loads maps for 411 and 500 so the latter should work if so sub optimal.
he said he can not load, with or without connection.
that means it can be anything.
waiting for Sasa input.

Yes i guess normally you should be able to load a map without the red box connected but that is not working for me .

Another thing i didn’t mention , yesterday i was able to " read current " and see the map concerning , tab value where moving with the engine running , but not able to do a "read all" .
Since this operation the red box is not working on the himalayan with the 4 different maps ( very rich , not able to go beyong 4 rpm )

If Sasa accept i could send it to him in Italy

if it has been reset then it is of little use,
Customs duties could come into play if it starts crossing borders, they dont always play fair.
I know Sasa is pretty busy atm, let's wait for him to comment.

Why did Patrick sell it? :giggle:

if it has been reset then it is of little use,
why are you saying that? it is reset to a 500cc Hima - not a Honda!
Customs duties could come into play if it starts crossing borders, they dont always play fair.
not inside europe!

I know Sasa is pretty busy atm, let's wait for him to comment.
Yep!

Why did Patrick sell it? :giggle:
I guess he ran into the same problems and was tired of yet another stumbling block ...
he has not logged in since march 12th so his frustration is relatively young ...

I can imagine people giving up, I feel sorry for them for not having all this extra power it is intoxicating :whistle:

I was under the impression that 'Reset' was Honda?

I have had trouble when using an USB cable extension, I would be suspecting that sort of thing before the RB.

Today i have figure out that the box is running with the fireware Version 9.08 and the message of error when trying to " read all " or calibration throttle is " conversion of the chain 9.08 is not valide in single type " .
The problem is likely a fireware issue .

Back