I have placed an order ... (Guerrilla discussion)

I sat on a Guerilla today and was pleasantly surprised it was the Blue wheel model only 3 models are available in Aust, the Player Black the Yellow ribbon and White with blue wheels.
Being that they are priced just $700 more than the Bullet and $1700 more than a Hunter the chances are that they will sell well.

the chances are that they will sell well.
if ppl do not read forum posts and/or do extensive test rides (multiple hours, with tight traffic).
Otherwise I don't think so.
But bike choices are irrational mostly, so who knows ...

Sure is irrational, when I arrived outside the Dealer I saw they had a Moto Guzzi Breva 750, 71,000kms 2003 model for just $5000.
Cant stop thinking about it now!

Being that they are priced just $700 more than the Bullet and $1700 more than a Hunter
Lets forget the Bullet for a moment, being outdated and ugly.
The Hunter on the other can be brought to nearabout 33 BHP (my guess, not an objective measurement) with a much smoother riding experience investing those $1700 in the usual tuning tools, namely BB kit, Kent cam and Powertronic.
That is 7 less than the Gorilla BUT who needs another Japanese engine design with its extreme nervous character.

Moto Guzzi
anything with that name triggers a vomiting reflex in me. I once gave in to the outside beauty of a T1000 and sank TWENTY MIL into that Guzzi before I finaly sold it for the same money I had bought it for (minus the 20k of course).

Dealer would have only paid $3500 I think (he previously told me he needs to put $1500 on top), so the previous owner may have had a reason to sell that cheap?

o the previous owner may have had a reason to sell that cheap?
I would guess so. btw because I am stupid I bought another Guzzi and when that thing started to act up I had gotten smarter and got rid of it immediately. a T3 btw. but even today Guzzi does not have a great name regarding reliability.

Attachments

• IMGP1301.jpg
    IMGP1301.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 0
Guerrilla is nervous?
7K plus 1.7K is 8.7 ,where is the 700?
you said Hunter is 1700 cheaper !? put that into tuning and get a nice bike which is good for a few surprises if you hand it to other j-engine owners :cool:

20241025_131413.jpg

Rode it today, have to be impressed with the power output but not so much on the Delivery of the power.
Having never ridden a Ride By Wire motorcycle before I was going by experience.
It has a "twitchy" feel between gears which I am sure could be gotten used to, feels well planted and rides good on our roads.
New bike so can not be sure but it doesn't seem to have any grunt below 3 and a bit thousand revs.
That is my take on it anyhow, heading back to the dealer the fuel light came on informing me I had 70kms in reserve so I pulled into a service station ( not sure why we still call them service stations as they do not serve petrol just food) at the pump I had the choice of 98 or 91 which I regard as lawn mower fuel so it got 5.1 litres of 98 then showed a full tank!
At the Dealership I sat on a Black and Gold Bullet, the gold looks like copper, its known to be under powered and heavier than the Guerrilla but still my favourite.

Back