Stock BS4 map testing

Popandcranky

Hello all,
I am sorry for the delay and I can't seem to find the original post but I have put my stock Himalayan back together and it is running with the maps Sasa provided.
There were 4 maps made for an all stock 2019 BS4.
I made another short video about it here:
All in all the first one shows promise at its current altitude except for starts which seem to be a little difficult for all 4 maps. I am wanting to take it for a longer ride but am not sure if that is wise before getting back to you with this info. I am not sure what to look for but I remember some cautions about just running wild with it before some adjustments could be made.
One other new development is popping on heavy decel with all four maps.
BTW I completely understand the lack of advantage to using this ECU on a bike that is totally stock but i was faced with the need for a replacement after a major electrical failure and went this route for future upgrades.
Anyway watch and tell me what you think.
Regards,
Joe

Actually in the rehbay section is a special 477 offer if you are not too picky with looks. Thats the way i would go 😎🤩😍😂

What is the common thread there Sam? I cant see the connection.

I thought I might copy here from the other post:

Hello @Popandcranky, thanks for the update!

I'm sorry but that is not the file I provided, I think you still have the stock one that came with the red box when you got it!

I'm telling this basing on the values I see in the other screens (IGN degree in example).

Also we made some decent progress on the cold idle issue so I made another map for the stock bike with all the mods to sensor calibration and idle tables.

You can find the new map at this link

The name of the file is 411 Experimental V1.0.

Also please refer to this post on how to properly swap maps on the red box.

Also after you loaded the map check the IGN Time table. If it looks different from the one below you might have to reload the file!

View attachment 232

Higher numbers on this specific table (like the one I can see on the video) are known for causing potential overheating issues on hot weather, that's why I say that is not my file or, probably, it has been loaded partially!

The file structure will reflect the current format we use for the 477 maps, so:
Map1: Relaxed map, to be used during run-in period and/or very hot weather.
Map2: Performance map for fun days, to be avoided during hotter weather and very heavy traffic (could cause slight engine overheat)
Map3: Everyday map, plenty of fun, good fuel economy, gentle(r) on the engine than map2.
Map4: Higher altitude map, to be used above 2000/2500m a.s.l.

Your bike is kind of unique since no one here has a stock 411 with the red box, so the map might not be perfect out of the box!
Please test and ride al maps and give us a feedback so that I can improve it!

PS. exhaust popping is mainly caused by the fresh air injection system on the exhaust, you can remove that with a specific kit from Hitchcock motorcycle (Air Injection Delete kit).

Hope to hear from you soon now you have the bike running!

Also: I do think the RED BOX can make a substantial difference on a stock bike if compared to stock ECU!

The possibility to add fuel and timing advance, and overcome all the restriction imposed on the manufacturer by emission laws, can really uncork the stock bike!

We don't have dyno data at the moment, but I think compared to the stock 22RWHP there are a t least a couple of horses that can be unleashed and a lot more torque down low!

Ok I will do the work and follow your instructions to the letter and get back to you here soon with another video.
Hopefully I will get it right this time.
Thanks for the help!

What is the common thread there Sam? I cant see the connection.
Its a copy of the pm he sent - on my request.
Better we publicly find a solution. My guess is with a 477 the popping would cease.

Its a copy of the pm he sent - on my request.
Better we publicly find a aolution. My guess is with a 477 the popping would cease.
Popping would be too little fuel surely , can the bottom row of values in the Inj Ve section can be raised after 1500 rpm to reduce this?
@Sasa , what do you think?
Or is Popping a good thing.

Popping would be too little fuel surely , can the bottom row of values in the Inj Ve section can be raised after 1500 rpm to reduce this?
@Sasa , what do you think?
Or is Popping a good thing.
Popping is too little fuel, that is right. The fact that fresh air gets injected in a the exhaust gas stream makes the problem worse.
The Red Box has a parameters (settable) act on the injector when you release the throttle. What happens is that if you close the throttle at say 5000RPM the ECU stops injecting fuel in the cylinder untill the RPM go below a certain threshold (the parameter I was speaking about). In our maps no fuel is injected until RPM drop below 2500RPM, hence the numbers in the idle row above that value are never used.

But then again, for all the people without this secondary air injection system on the exhaust, this has never been an issue and when I had popping it was because I had leaned out the map way too much.

I think removing that system would singlehandedly solve the issue.

I think removing that system would singlehandedly solve the issue.
I think upgrading to 477 and then using map V5 also solves it or does anyone else hear popping?

Pops and Crackles cost more :) ask the Tuners!
When you work out how to stop it I will have a better idea of how to make it happen:ROFLMAO:

Back