Turn signal connectors

Sasa

Mediocre pilot - Average mechanic - Crazy tinkerer
Staff member
Developer
477 Owner
Does anyone know the P/N of the oem connectors used for turn signals? It's not sumitomo as I have browsed the whole catalogue.
I'd like to install aftermarket turn signals but without butchering the stock wiring harness. Also the bullet style connectors that come with aftermarket turn signals are rubbish.

HMC sells them at 2,5 pound a male-female set, but I bet once you know the P/N you can find 20 sets on aliexpress for that price...

Help anyone?

no idea. but all of my Himas except the bs6 got LED turn signals which where spliced into the cable without any connectors. Its the Indian way but it works and is cheap.

Closest I have seen, some sort of audio connector, not very helpful but all I could find on Aliexpress IMG_20230313_212509.jpgIMG_20230313_212308.jpg

the problem raises from the fact that most aftermaket turn signals are attached via a M8 hollow threaded stud. The stud is hollow to allow the passage of the two wires for the blinker.
Now the connector has to be less than 8mm in diameter (actually less than a M8 threaded hole, so 6,8mmm), otherwise it would be impossible to mount and dismount the turn signal without detaching the connector.

Closest I have seen, some sort of audio connector, not very helpful but all I could find on Aliexpress View attachment 752View attachment 753
So these connectors might be electrically good, but mechanically they won't fit. The stock connector is just the right size to pass through an M8 nut and it would be perfect, if only one would know the P/N...

the PANNIER racks some times come with the extension wiring for indicators, perhaps one of those suppliers can help you.
Apart from that I think you may need to rethink.

I think @RCruiser posted a while ago a supplier that made all sorts of cables for the Himalayan, but I cannot find the link nor the post. Pity.

Back