Sidecars from India

I would get the ambulance thing from India = you can sleep in it !! :LOL: (y)

Hi Thony.
IIRC you're in S. America, correct? So you'd be 'Importing' no matter what I'd guess.
I'm in India and purchased a 1-wheeled Trailer from: http://www.inderexports.com/
His name is Simranjit Singh @ +91 0921 612 0832 He Exports to the States and seems to be a pretty nice fellow (speaks good english too) so I'd imagine a 'safe bet'.
Roberto
Peter I've never seen a dual sidecar before-WOW!!

Last edited:
Hey bob , did you get this trailer? I am thinking about getting it too, just for the heck of it.
Funny that his "Order Now" buttons are all without function. His website is from 2009, when did you buy yours? (He may be out of business)

Attachments

• TRAILER1.jpg
    TRAILER1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 78
OK, I reached him via whatsapp. all good, I will buy the trailer in February when my "new" bs3 is ready.
their fb page is actually better than the web page:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-24 at 13.09.14.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-24 at 13.09.14.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 81
Well it is a Bastardization of a Mootrcycle just as a Side Car is, ;)

If that wheel was an electric motor it could help going up Hills:ROFLMAO:

Well it is a Bastardization of a Mootrcycle just as a Side Car is, ;)
Debatable, it wont enlarge the cross-section, it only lengthens it. I am curious how the driving will be affected

Sam after the first few miles with the trailer, you won't even know it's there, just rolls along and is very agile. Backing into a parking space is a different story and takes some practice...
Bob

Reverse Parking ! I can see it being a problem, Dog Trailers on Trucks like to Follow not lead.

The old style Tuk Tuk in Cambodia was just a 2 wheel trailer with the Hitching point attached over the Pillion seat and on a Scooter!

I would imagine that it will affect the Load on the Side stand :unsure:

Hi Thony.
IIRC you're in S. America, correct? So you'd be 'Importing' no matter what I'd guess.
I'm in India and purchased a 1-wheeled Trailer from: http://www.inderexports.com/
His name is Simranjit Singh @ +91 0921 612 0832 He Exports to the States and seems to be a pretty nice fellow (speaks good english too) so I'd imagine a 'safe bet'.
Roberto
Peter I've never seen a dual sidecar before-WOW!!
Central America yes! I have been quoting a few places in India and prices are acceptable I would say. Still would like to save up as much as possible so talked to a designer here and he could make me one, customized to save up money and withstand offrad abuse. We are going to have a beer first week of January to see how much it could be, if all works out I'll have a point of comparison. Some of these India sidecars are nice.

Watsonian International, a sidecar model taken from old trial sidecars is what seems to suit Hima's lines, with a few tweaks. Appointment with builder takes place next week... just an quick word on this project.

Watsonian-9.jpg

Watsonian.jpg

The limitations of not having a Side car wheel Braked are to be Weighed up against having it Braked and not well set up.
The Side Cars I have owned were un braked and I would have liked to have a Brake sometimes but survived.
There is a Lot of weight redistribution, steering (yes your actually turn, you can't lean! ) and accelerating involved in dragging around a Chariot hanging off the side of your Motorcycle, But it can be awesome fun, sometimes even the Passenger enjoys it although they are of secondary importance if they cannot "Hang" and throw their weight around in Sync.
In the case of the Himalayan Front end being Forked a brake would be a consideration .

My second Himalayan is Registered as a Side Car in Body Type. same price as 2 wheels which in this part of the World is expensive!

Attachments

• IMG_20230111_110038_resized_20230111_110117864.jpg
    IMG_20230111_110038_resized_20230111_110117864.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 80
WHAT?? you pay 400 bucks a year? Thats 250 euros - I pay 69 euro per year for my 1100 BMW .... rip off or maybe the Aussies are bad riders?

Hmm, does it swim? LOL
Seriously - no brake?
I have read encountered opinions, there is a number of adeps that believe unless there is some sort of racing behaviour involved you would not need brakes, that it even affects your skill development towards reading the influence of the sidecar in your actual riding, turning - weight distribuition - awareness - etc. A steady anticipated braking both with front and rear seems to be the way to go. Still, a brake can be thrown in any time.

It will swim Sam! Good thing there is no oil purging or piston damage risk haha

WHAT?? you pay 400 bucks a year? Thats 250 euros - I pay 69 euro per year for my 1100 BMW .... rip off or maybe the Aussies are bad riders?
We get Slugged for Licensing that is a fact, Govt treat you like a Mug because they can and we are :unsure:
Supposedly we Elect Fine examples to represent us, quite obviously they are laughing at us but we dont hear that when the Sport is on:ROFLMAO:

I have read encountered opinions, there is a number of adeps that believe unless there is some sort of racing behaviour involved you would not need brakes, that it even affects your skill development towards reading the influence of the sidecar in your actual riding, turning - weight distribuition - awareness - etc. A steady anticipated braking both with front and rear seems to be the way to go. Still, a brake can be thrown in any time.

It will swim Sam! Good thing there is no oil purging or piston damage risk haha
Fit the Brake when you have gotten used to the Side Car, it will be a useful upgrade if you include a Park brake. Side Cars are wicked fun ;)

We get Slugged for Licensing that is a fact, Govt treat you like a Mug because they can and we are :unsure:
Supposedly we Elect Fine examples to represent us, quite obviously they are laughing at us but we dont hear that when the Sport is on:ROFLMAO:

I pay $300 driving fee every year here. All motorcycles pay about the same. Includes your permit, basic insurance (ambulance for you) and an extremely unfriendly stick-on decal. Fortunately sidecars are accessories unless you ride full house (3 peopleon the rig), they can issue a ticket if your bike is not registered for 3. Well they say so.

they can issue a ticket if your bike is not registered for 3. Well they say so.
then why not go for the trailer? same functionality if you cant take a 3rd person and easier to drive with I assume.

Back