Dyno Results

Bob I think it a travesty of justice that the Names lives on, on a Car made mostly in China from the owner of Twitter :LOL:

Ya I agree, but this character Musk is a bit of an enigma; I don't think I'd count Him out yet either as I think that there's a Big Story being written on earth that includes this fellow somehow...

Back to Topic ;)
Yesterday I did another Dyno Run on a V8, well that was the Map number anyhow :ROFLMAO:
@Sasa has optimized this map from the previous best of the Dyno run before.
The result is an awesome Tune that gives a great Torque Curve.
The Dyno Man agrees that not much else can be done and we (Sasa and I) concur so the last job was fitting the larger cooler.
Next Dyno will be 477 just have to build one and run it in.
My aim is to make a engine that is the same as Sasa's so we can benefit from the Data I collect at the Dyno and make a set of maps from daily rider to Drag racer mode.

Back to Topic ;)
Yesterday I did another Dyno Run on a V8, well that was the Map number anyhow :ROFLMAO:
The Dyno Man agrees that not much else can be done and we (Sasa and I) concur so the last job was fitting the larger cooler.
My aim is to make a engine that is the same as Sasa's so we can benefit from the Data I collect at the Dyno and make a set of maps from daily rider to Drag racer mode.
I have to get a Kent to put my engine on par with yours @Dool, but it's on my "to do" list! :cool:

Kent Cam will go well with a Ported Head :cool:

Kent Cams are unavailable at present, reminiscent of another time when Lotteries were used?
I have one installed and one in transit. :cool:

Fortunate fella you are! Me, my 'time window', is closing quickly and I have no CAM-dam! What I mean is that the weather is getting warmer already, and it'll get hot quickly now, so I hope that dam-CAM arrives soon! How long have I been saying this???

Fortunate fella you are! Me, my 'time window', is closing quickly and I have no CAM-dam! What I mean is that the weather is getting warmer already, and it'll get hot quickly now, so I hope that dam-CAM arrives soon! How long have I been saying this???
Wasn’t that supposed to be this week???
Week is almost over…

You should be used to it Bob ;)
Tomorrow is not today and next week is sort of similar :ROFLMAO:

Time is what you make of it!
A smart man said that I'm sure, and before me.
I had some spare Time tonight and a good enough reason to apply it to the 500 as it looks to be the next candidate for a Dyno run,.
As luck would have it the bike was already on the Bench ( you can only ride one at a time and only one fits on the Bench :( )

So the Seat was off already and as it just so happens , the oil cooler and lines which doesent make the job any quicker, at 2 hours I gave up and had a shower, that took 2 beers before the wash and 2 later, job will have to wait until tomorrow.

The Job was "Cam Change" and when complete I will divulge more.

Back to Topic ;)

Quoting yourself is not necisarily Dementia :unsure:

Back to the V8 ! I just had a ride on my 500 it doesent feel like a V8 but it is nothing like a 411 either.

Yesterday I took a suggestion from @Sasa to Swap Heads from the bike that was running really awesome ( I would call a 48% gain awesome) and put it on the Bike that was not performing so well ie give the 500 a Head/Lung transplant.

Throttle Body and Air Filter, Injector/Manifold plus the RB with the V8 map and the Head and Cam were removed from the 443 and bolted on to the 500.
I watched over the entire process but was unable to make a Video, because I was alone making History;)
Sasa did send me a few messages on whatsap and I had some Watermelon Flavoured Beer and my first Paan in 40 years so I couldnt talk anyhow:(

Hardest part of this job was "why am I doing this" ringing in my ears, the 443 goes like a Bat out of Hell and I am pulling it apart for what?
But collecting Data is a worthwhile task and by the time both bikes had been stripped of their bits and on and off the bench I was keen to get one back together.

Before the Tank went on I did a Compression test, 230psi but expect that will be a bit lower in a Day or so when next checked.
Bike fired up well tappets are tight and quiet, 3 and 9 thou.
Test ride today and it pulls very well and from low down, revs freely to 7k and has no apparent flat spots, 5k revs doing 100kph the AFR reads steady low 14's.

So Dyno time:)

But what to do with poor 443:LOL:

Quoting yourself is not necisarily Dementia :unsure:

Back to the V8 ! I just had a ride on my 500 it doesent feel like a V8 but it is nothing like a 411 either.

Yesterday I took a suggestion from @Sasa to Swap Heads from the bike that was running really awesome ( I would call a 48% gain awesome) and put it on the Bike that was not performing so well ie give the 500 a Head/Lung transplant.

Throttle Body and Air Filter, Injector/Manifold plus the RB with the V8 map and the Head and Cam were removed from the 443 and bolted on to the 500.
I watched over the entire process but was unable to make a Video, because I was alone making History;)
Sasa did send me a few messages on whatsap and I had some Watermelon Flavoured Beer and my first Paan in 40 years so I couldnt talk anyhow:(

Hardest part of this job was "why am I doing this" ringing in my ears, the 443 goes like a Bat out of Hell and I am pulling it apart for what?
But collecting Data is a worthwhile task and by the time both bikes had been stripped of their bits and on and off the bench I was keen to get one back together.

Before the Tank went on I did a Compression test, 230psi but expect that will be a bit lower in a Day or so when next checked.
Bike fired up well tappets are tight and quiet, 3 and 9 thou.
Test ride today and it pulls very well and from low down, revs freely to 7k and has no apparent flat spots, 5k revs doing 100kph the AFR reads steady low 14's.

So Dyno time:)

But what to do with poor 443:LOL:
Awesome!

I had the suspect some of that awe coming from the 443 was "head" related! No entirely sure about the TB.

Anyhow V8 might not cut the mustard at this point, it was perfectly trimmed for the 443, but the bigger pump would need more fuel I guess!

You can make yourself a V8+ (or V9, as you wish) adding 3% across tha table. It won't be scientifically precise, but it should be pretty close!

Do that for all the maps (I remember there were some differences in timing between maps) and see how it goes!

But the fact that the bike is already no more letargic above 5500 it's already a great result! :)

Throttle Body must be looked at in it's entirety, Manifold, adaptor and Port., just looking at the 500 Manifold yesterday I can see a problem where the angle of the adaptor could be causing concern.
Tomorrow I will do another compression test and load V8. 1.

Throttle Body must be looked at in it's entirety, Manifold, adaptor and Port., just looking at the 500 Manifold yesterday I can see a problem where the angle of the adaptor could be causing concern.
Tomorrow I will do another compression test and load V8. 1.
Don't forget a 0-100 test! :)

Yes, must change the Phone holder, more wrenching 😁
This morning there was an Easterly that would have been an unfair advantage.

"In fact, if you’re looking at a dyno chart, some of the most important numbers aren’t even recorded (1500-3000 RPM) because dynamometers can’t accurately record them."
Stolen of course, a pertinent comment and My charts confirm it,

My Charts show nothing below 2800RPM
Your Butt is better below 3000RPM than a Dyno, less so at 7500 :giggle:
My Charts also show a Torque Peak around 3500, again Dyno related and unfortunately not felt in the Butt;)

I found this looking for info on a CDI unit that fits, a Honda Crf230 as well as GY200 ,TMX155 and others.
Common denominator being they are all single cylinder SOHC Carburetor Air cooled engines.
And so is the Himalayan!

Continued on another thread ㊙️

"In fact, if you’re looking at a dyno chart, some of the most important numbers aren’t even recorded (1500-3000 RPM) because dynamometers can’t accurately record them."
Stolen of course, a pertinent comment and My charts confirm it,

My Charts show nothing below 2800RPM
Your Butt is better below 3000RPM than a Dyno, less so at 7500 :giggle:
My Charts also show a Torque Peak around 3500, again Dyno related and unfortunately not felt in the Butt;)

I found this looking for info on a CDI unit that fits, a Honda Crf230 as well as GY200 ,TMX155 and others.
Common denominator being they are all single cylinder SOHC Carburetor Air cooled engines.
And so is the Himalayan!

Continued on another thread ㊙️
"Carburetor" ? :unsure:

Back