J-Engine 410cc Thread

Question. In the Service manual for the 350 Classic, it shows torquing the cylinder bolts to 15nm, then 35nm and then an additional 150 degrees.
Am I reading that correctly?
And I'm reusing my bolts, I have upgraded other motors in the past reusing head and cylinder bolts without any problems.
Anyone run into any issues doing the same procedure?

Attachments

• Image 10-20-24 at 12.12 PM.jpeg
    Image 10-20-24 at 12.12 PM.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 4
Anyone run into any issues doing the same procedure?
we (in India) re-use the bolts several times. Never had an issue. But they are cheap. So its more an availability issue than a money issue.
I have a bunch on order since a while (not for me, for a "concerned" friend) and the distributor takes his sweet time.

YES, I had never heard about this tool, so when Ranjeet tried to explain it in his version of English I still did not get it but seeing the picture it becomes clear. Basically an alternative to a torque wrench - right?

Not exactly a replacement, just enables an accurate number of degrees to be turned after a certain point is reached.
Whether by tension wrench or previous marks made.

OK thanx, in parallel I also asked chatgpt and here is that answer:

If you're referring to angular torque applied in degrees, it sounds like you're talking about a tool like a torque angle gauge or a torque angle wrench.

These tools are used to apply a specific angle of rotation after a certain initial torque has been set, often in applications like assembling engines or other mechanical components.

Here's how it works:

1. Initial Torque: You first apply a specified torque using a regular torque wrench to get the fastener snug.
  2. Angle Specification: After reaching the initial torque, you then use the torque angle gauge or wrench to turn the fastener an additional specified number of degrees (for example, 90 degrees).
This method is crucial for ensuring proper clamping force and alignment in high-stress applications.

Back