The Race Track

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
We do not all have access to a dyno, but we all have a mobile phone and those who use Android can download 2 useful and free apps:

1. Acceleration Timer
  2. XRecorder
The first automatically stops the time from 0 to 100kmh, the second records it and saves it as file on you mobile.

There are some laws of physics to consider, mainly the role of mass in acceleration:

1) At constant mass, acceleration is proportional to the driving force.
2) At constant force, acceleration is inversely proportional to mass.

So in this example the mass of the bike is nearabout 200KG - add to that a full tank of gas = 15 KG and an overweight rider with cloth = 115 KG
There may be other extras and farkles that add to the weight but as they are unknown between bikes we leave them out.

This shows that a lightweight rider could make the bike go about 15% faster - or 1.8 seconds. So we would then have about 10 seconds to 100kmh which is not as good as Dool but close. This is before I modified the needle. I also drive each gear to 7000rpm when an experienced race driver would find a better point to switch and I somewhat fumble the start. All of this may move the final result closer to 9 seconds.

I did 4 runs in total but only 2 where saved (I have to look into the program more closely) - 3 gave 12 seconds, one gave 13 seconds so I think 12 is more realistic as top result.

Attachments

• 500cc.mp4
    3.3 MB
Well here we go, Math again!
Not my best subject.
I think a lot can be lost/gained with a good start, looking behind you, checking for a break in the Traffic etc could be at a cost, perhaps changing slightly lower in the Rev range would help also.
Anyhow we have made a start, when we collect more Data we know someone who can analyze it for us and tell us what is going on!

Worlds Fastest Indian made Himalayan ;)

Engine sounds good but what about the Claim?

Other than us being on different continent's, so not being to do a drag race to determine the True Fastest Indian,
I don't doubt your claims a bit! I applaud your efforts!!
Bob

I have time to relax now , Ive got a bit ahead of the Pack :cool:

I have time to relax now , Ive got a bit ahead of the Pack :cool:
Don't sit too comfortable, my bike is almost back together, I'll get that throne from beneath your a**! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just joking, I don't think I can beat that 500cc, I lack 23cc and a bigger TB (and btw I'm 105kg in full gear), but if I can stay under 8s I'll consider myself satisfied!

105🤔
Okay a bit less Pasta and maybe you go Faster :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

105🤔
Okay a bit less Pasta and maybe you go Faster :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
95 on the scale, add helmet, gloves, jacket, pants and boots and voilĂ !

But yeah, I should cut down some calories! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

voilĂ ! I cant even do that on my keyboard :( ,
But at present I am faster than you although not Smarter:ROFLMAO:

voilĂ ! I cant even do that on my keyboard :( ,
But at present I am faster than you although not Smarter:ROFLMAO:
Given the state of my bike, my current 0-100 time is infinite, so I can only improve from that! :ROFLMAO:

Look at the glass half full...

Drinking from a Can at the moment, its empty! should place an order for a side cover now perhaps ;)

The 450 is at par with Dools 500:
Clipboard01.jpg

Almost a good as the 443cc also, it is ride by wire, what mode was it in?
Makes me want a Carby, with a wire cable physically pulling it open when I want it. ;)

That is indicated speed, GPS might tell otherwise....

Anyhow still hard to get the crown from @Dool head, given the new kid has also a 6 speed gearbox!

Comparison should be done with the same gearing, otherwise is apple and oranges (still @Dool's apple seem to be juicier...)
The 450 is at par with Dools 500:
View attachment 1531

This app is no longer available from the google play store. I use a similar one called "RaceChrono" now.

Back