Rapid Bike Easy on Scram

Sbinf74

Developer
Developer
I purchased a used "rapid bike easy" control unit. This control unit intervenes on the lambda probe signal, the intervention allows intervention on the AFR when the ECU works in closed-loop. This control unit is universal and the only thing that changes to adapt to the various models is the wiring. The wiring that was supplied to me together with the control unit was for a Piaggio scooter. I redid the cable with the specific connectors for the lambda. For now I can say that the bike has started and the control unit has its status LED which correctly detects the probe. The lights on the motorcycle did not come on. I was afraid of doing damage but I correctly detected the functioning of the 4 probe cables (GND, VCC, Lambda signal and heater).

I'm happy :)
2.jpg
3.jpg

Nice! Basically you got a thing similar to the FuelX unit - but how do you change the setting (the FuelX Pro 10-step button). Also: price and a link to the source would be helpful. And of course: what did it do for you other than running (which I assume your bike did before as well).

While I always welcome the spirit of exploration - why use a gimmick that costs more than the FuelX Pro that does the same and is optimized for the bike already? Am I missing something here?

2 Trimmers🤔 That would what be what your missing, adjustment 😊

2 Trimmers🤔 That would what be what your missing, adjustment 😊
enlighten me, how is 2 trimmers better than 10 step switch? especially as the switch is calibrated for this specific bike (they say)

You can make adjustments, the pro has about 6 useful presets at best.
Lite has none and as you said we are taking their word for it..

I am not doubting that the entire FuelX thing is basically not much more than the power booster in a nicer package. But then again this other thing has to be calibrated and that could be difficult. Or maybe I am just too stupid to understand why it should be easy.
I would see a slight advantage if it was way cheaper - but it is more expensive. so what exactly can you gain from it that makes it worth while (over FuelX Pro).

FuelX and Power Booster are so different they are not good examples.
Even the PB was unadjustable like one setting suits all FuelX pro is adjustable to a limit and requires a huge switch that has been known to fail, the 2 Trimmers is a better option IMO.

Before getting the control unit I was trying to create my own version with Arduino, it involved an algorithm that the further it was from the ideal AFR the more it indicated a lean mixture. I did some tests with the oscilloscope to detect the type of signal but given the difficulties in managing a 0-1v DAC I gave up.
If the probe had been broadband it would have been simpler.
The choice of the control unit was dictated by its availability on the used market (I spent less than 1/3 on the new one). And the flexibility of being able to reuse it by replacing only the wiring.
In the next motorbike rides, I want to go and check the enrichment via ODB and Car Scanner.

here you can see the lambda signal ;)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Are you intending to do other performance mods?

I purchased a used "rapid bike easy" control unit. This control unit intervenes on the lambda probe signal, the intervention allows intervention on the AFR when the ECU works in closed-loop. This control unit is universal and the only thing that changes to adapt to the various models is the wiring. The wiring that was supplied to me together with the control unit was for a Piaggio scooter. I redid the cable with the specific connectors for the lambda. For now I can say that the bike has started and the control unit has its status LED which correctly detects the probe. The lights on the motorcycle did not come on. I was afraid of doing damage but I correctly detected the functioning of the 4 probe cables (GND, VCC, Lambda signal and heater).

I'm happy :)
View attachment 1567View attachment 1568
Can you list the colour's of the wires?

I can indicate the position of the signals on the connector, I didn't notice the colors because the original connectors are well covered.
To detect the signals I used pins

Before getting the control unit I was trying to create my own version with Arduino, it involved an algorithm that the further it was from the ideal AFR the more it indicated a lean mixture. I did some tests with the oscilloscope to detect the type of signal but given the difficulties in managing a 0-1v DAC I gave up.
If the probe had been broadband it would have been simpler.
The choice of the control unit was dictated by its availability on the used market (I spent less than 1/3 on the new one). And the flexibility of being able to reuse it by replacing only the wiring.
In the next motorbike rides, I want to go and check the enrichment via ODB and Car Scanner.

here you can see the lambda signal ;)
It's interesting to see in the video when the bikes is revved up, it goes richer for about two seconds (open loop mode, reads from the map) and then starts oscillating again (close loop mode) around the 550mV mean, that is the stoich ratio...

It would be interesting to see if, with the rapidbike and acting on the trimmer, it is possible to "shift" the mean upward (richer). The plot would still oscillates but if it oscillates around a higher values (say 600mV) overall the bike is running richer...

I wondered what I was seeing in the video :ROFLMAO: it was only the sound that let me know it was a Himma.

It's interesting to see in the video when the bikes is revved up, it goes richer for about two seconds (open loop mode, reads from the map) and then starts oscillating again (close loop mode) around the 550mV mean, that is the stoich ratio...

It would be interesting to see if, with the rapidbike and acting on the trimmer, it is possible to "shift" the mean upward (richer). The plot would still oscillates but if it oscillates around a higher values (say 600mV) overall the bike is running richer...
Having a two-channel oscilloscope I can actually verify the correction of the control unit...

Back