Orange Candy Panniers and carriers

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
This company is a JOKE on so many levels, its ridiculous.

1) Their panniers are made from some plastic stuff - which in itself would be OK if done properly, unfortunately the surface is uneven and the paint job is shabby and overall (black - so SIMPLE) very bad. They are also wider compared to RE panniers - this together with their wider carriers makes for a very wide bike (not good in traffic!)
2) Their mechanism of attaching the panniers to carriers is extremely primitive and ungainly. Outright idiotic if you consider all they needed to do was take a good look at the RE panniers and copy that system which is cheap and effective. With the OC panniers you have to unpack the pannier before you can fix or remove it and the system does not really lock into the carrier, if the screws are loose it will vibrate and move.
4) Their carriers are STUPID in how they are designed. They are too wide and they use a pipe that is a few mm too thick to accept RE panniers so you cant swap for those and they are also too narrow both in width and height. Also the rear connector between the left and right side pannels is made too short, if you force the sides together the entire structure is under tension leaving to lost bolts and possible breaks. It is also made in an ugly and stupid way (just a straight connector over the rear fender).
5) The company owner is a clown. He promises deliveries in 48h, then does not pick his phone or answer whatsapp for TWO WEEKS at which point he just sends out stuff I have ordered but in a different size and shape - communication skill are entirely absent.
6) Orange Candy gives a SHIT about customer input: I am exporting Indian products so I am potentially not just buying one set of panniers. Still it seems impossible for Orange Candy to facilitate DETAILED INPUT even in the shape of drawings and 3d print ready files to improve their product. No no no, the owner has his own ideas - which do not work - but hey, who cares, lets just send the customers a set of panniers WITHOUT ANY ATTACHMENTS hoping he will do the work to make them (and then mount them etc. etc. etc) - this is BRAIN DEAD TO AN EXTEND IT IS LUDICROUS!! Their job is to produce ready-to-use panniers not a half baked product!
7) I did send them a RE OEM pannier so they have a sample to take measurements from - still my clearly expressed wish for the SECOND BATCH OF CARRIERS TO HAVE A SIZE THAT ALLOWS FOR RE PANNIERS TO FIT was ignored. I got the same SHIT they sent me the first time. And then they put this on the invoice expecting me to pay for it.

So unless you are really patient and/or have no specific desire for quality and/or intelligent design - stay away from this company's products.

Back