... it is unlikely any of the current modified bikes would comply anywhere if they were tested.

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
Well, Beemerboff is at it again, in the advertsing forum of half truths LOL

Type testing and compliance will have to be done in every market, and remember it is unlikely any of the current modified bikes would comply anywhere if they were tested.
No sir, my THREE 477 bikes, all with open exhaust and one with modded head and even the one with bigger valves ALL passed the emission control test called BS6 which is equivalent to Euro 5 I think.

So why and to what would they not comply? The compliance is NOT the problem, the problem is the MONEY the government is collecting for such tests, if you pass them or not.

I once asked the German TUV if a 477 cylinder Hima could be made legal and he said - "sure if you have 8000 Euros to spare" and he also said off the record to forget about it and just drive it. nobody will ever measure it during a routine TUV biennial testing.

As kids of 15 we doped our "moppeds" that where legally driving 25 kmh tops with 1.5hp to 6hp and 70kmh tops. Of course the police stopped us and had us pay (off the pocket money) and sometimes confiscated the vehicle. But a bike that rises from meager 20.5 to 27 will not suddenly created suspicion in any of the law enforcement guys, particularity not if the top speed does not also rise (which it wont if you do not change the teething). So the problem metastasizes in the minds of the pea counters and "Bedenkentraegers" (worryguts) as the Germans say - a bunch to stay away from as far as humanly possible.

Back