Consolidated shit on the water cooled 450

Dool

Backyard Bodger
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
I missed the Height, what was it?

I have to admit that most improvements are in the right areas. I am very tempted to at least rent one for a trip and possibly get one.
  • tank size which was a big issue now is fixed
  • power seems exactly what is needed
  • seat height adjustment without mods to the droplinks
  • I guess this engine has Dools "fixed cam" mechanism as well although not mentioned explicitely - but if the J engine has it they will have put it in here as well
  • different ride mods (like our red box) built in
  • possible tubeless tires
  • better brakes
  • 3KG less weight for the weight fanatics
of course the charm of easy modding is gone - you buy it and use it. The instrument panel is still super ugly and quite impractical from a perspective of a rider who actually looks at the instruments.

He did not mention the price - google says 3.1 lakh which is 1 lakh over the "old" Hima - plus 0.5 lakh for reg and mandatory 5 year insurance
So buying it new will be a lot mor costly - however if you calculate the available upgrades it may just get to the same.

AirBox Height , wondering if it is a better Swimmer than before ;)

yes, forgot that detail but it could be important in Spiti

Our Italian Friend is not amused either:

I have been waiting to go to EICMA, to take this decision, I am informing you that the new Himalayan will no longer be part of the CARROÑAS projects, instead I am going ahead with all the existing items for the Himalayan continuing to develop and bring out new items already in the pot, which will soon arrive.....
Staying very focused in the near future for a very important project that is underway that I will tell you about soon!!!

Attachments

• 400771048_658273353136348_616184680223297678_n.jpg
    400771048_658273353136348_616184680223297678_n.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 55
You should put this into perspective: he is not amused because much of his business is upon improving the original Himalayan flaws: sloppy suspensions, lack of power, aestetic tweaks, etc...
The new bike has already better suspensions, great suspensions and the engine is pretty difficult to overbore (aluminium block, needs replating after enlarging which is not exactly easy...). Also the new bike is quite refined aestetically, that doens't exactly go hand in hand with his MadMax post-apocalyptic style for accessories...

Chrome Bore, I had a Harley Davidson with a Chrome Bore.
Made 50 years ago so not a new idea.

Yeah, I guess you are right. It also means that slowly but surely the Hima improvement as a business model is dead.
Add to that the general trend towards electric - if not coming from the riding community but a increasingly "bad-CO2" crazed government (all of them, India included) - that means we should all become investment bankers or just hope for the unconditional basic income to hit the streets. AI and robots will surely help to make it happen sooner.

I am all for the universal income ;)
There could well be an upswing in interest in the ORIGINAL Himalayan :unsure:, ease of Maintenance, the Simplicity of the Air Cooled engine.
With some uprgading( their Mortgage) and buying the New Model because is NEW the price the ORIGINAL Himalayans will need to fall, meaning more cheaper bikes that the owners may wish to improve.
Then they will find us :cool:

surprisingly cheap. thats why they can afford to take the original out of production. the difference is only 20.000 INR

Cheap as Chips, wait to see what the West pays.
Still don't want one. :cool:

Cheap as Chips, wait to see what the West pays.
Still don't want one. :cool:
In Germany they are announced for just under 6000 Euro which is little more than the old Hima.
That will make a lot of "by the book" riders happy who are scared to do anything not sanctioned by the strict legal traffic rulebook.
I wonder if selling better seats and small trinkets will be worth keeping up the business ...

Time will tell, wait to see the real reviews disclose, so far we have had glowing reports that may have been through Rose colored Glasses.
I would most likely say nice things if I was paid as the others were ;)

Time will tell, wait to see the real reviews disclose, so far we have had glowing reports that may have been through Rose colored Glasses.
I would most likely say nice things if I was paid as the others were ;)
True, the only review with any length in riding I have seen is from itchy boots channel who has mutated to a paid advertising platform. She wont bite the hand that is feeding her.

prices revealed IMG_20231220_163151.jpg
Not bad!, Very competitive.

Is the end of the 411 been announced?

Back