bs4 powertronic questions

ginger bread man

Hello, I want to fit a PT to my bs4 euro 4 Himalayan, my local mechanic has one 2nd hand which he and I can do a swap for.
My bike is stock at the moment but plan to do a cat delete, Lextec can, airbox mod and a cam. Would the PT do the job well with that set up? Or am I better off with a booster, TPS adjust and a FuelX?
Sounds like the PT does not alter steady throttle? Just open loop condition?

The old PT V3 or the new PT V4?
I do not know much about the V3 on the Hima BS4 because we use the red box for that. When V3 was the only PT available FuelX did not exist and TPS data was available for the PT. About the O2 sensor data I am not sure but would assume it also to be available to the PT V3.
All of this changed with PT V4.
So is the PT orange V3 or black V4?
If you do not change the displacement I would assume the V3 to be enough for your planned extensions. Even if you plan to go up on bore it may still be enough (it is for the 462cc BB from Hitch).

Hello, I want to fit a PT to my bs4 euro 4 Himalayan, my local mechanic has one 2nd hand which he and I can do a swap for.
My bike is stock at the moment but plan to do a cat delete, Lextec can, airbox mod and a cam. Would the PT do the job well with that set up? Or am I better off with a booster, TPS adjust and a FuelX?
Sounds like the PT does not alter steady throttle? Just open loop condition?
Different items do different things.

PT will work in open loop condition, while fuelx will work on the lambda (closed loop).
For the things you're planning to do the PT should be plenty enough and give you more flexibility for future improvements!

I cannot recall if the PT comes with a lambda connector, if it does you shouldn't require a fuelX.
If not, try the setup firsts, if you notice hiccups or uncertainties while riding at steady throttle/RPMs then maybe you'll need to add a fuelX.

The old PT V3 or the new PT V4?
I do not know much about the V3 on the Hima BS4 because we use the red box for that. When V3 was the only PT available FuelX did not exist and TPS data was available for the PT. About the O2 sensor data I am not sure but would assume it also to be available to the PT V3.
All of this changed with PT V4.
So is the PT orange V3 or black V4?
If you do not change the displacement I would assume the V3 to be enough for your planned extensions. Even if you plan to go up on bore it may still be enough (it is for the 462cc BB from Hitch).
It's orange V3.

We do have some maps for V3 here, check if any of the profiles suits your setup:

Back