Is Better!

Sasa

Mediocre pilot - Average mechanic - Crazy tinkerer
Staff member
Developer
477 Owner
I think I know what I am doing. to convince everyone else I must actually do it :)
Getting closer by the day!
I'm seriously looking forward to this one!!!

The bigges Himalayan the world has ever seen! :)

After that you have to jump straight to 90mm pistons... :ROFLMAO:

Has anyone seen this Spring?
I found it on the floor and don't remember removing it from the bike!
IMG_20240113_193134.jpg
IMG_20240113_193138.jpg

Assembled and tested, what a noise! Grabbed the USB camera and went in the spark plug hole, just out of vision on the right side of the picture. :whistle:
Screenshot_20240114_163054_com.shenyaocn.android.usbcamera.jpg
Like a Moon landing:rolleyes: but not as bad as some!

So Disassembled
IMG_20240114_184749.jpg

Dremmel made it bigger and back it went.
I removed one of my thin base gaskets and replaced that with a 1mm sandwich gasket gaining another 0.8mm.
For whatever reason I then assembled it with the OEM Cam and throttle body ( leave some for later) getting a Compression pressure of 210 ish.
IMG_20240114_214001.jpg
Timing the Cam was made M8M10-M20stainless possible with my new Cam sprocket, after lifting the Barrel, changing to a longer chain etc the marks did not line up.
Look in the hole where the pin would normally be, that's how much adjustment was needed :)
IMG_20240114_202900.jpg

Reset the Tune and do a Throttle Learn tomorrow and see( and Hear) what happens.

New bolts are 14.9 tensile tensioned to 16Nm and serated washers.
Screenshot_20240114_230100_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
IMG_20240107_151803.jpg

What can I say?
Bit quieter than yesterday ;)

Last edited:
Handy having a pack of these, DAMHIK.IMG_20240115_091604.jpg

It's a big wide world, there is no reason to believe that most likely place for the clip is IN the Engine :whistle:

Okay just for comparison 😁
Yesterday's disastrous attempt, that is the sound of one valve clapping:ROFLMAO:

Haven't found the Cam clip yet,I did find that I had neglected to fit a bolt to the gear lever.
Of course it happened at an intersection and my Wife was on the back.
One of the bolts holding the Tail light was just long enough to install and do job.
Longer run one up this morning, 5000rpm on the HWY for a while but mostly under 4000rpm, I am running a bit on the rich side with AFR of 13s.
Get some more Kms on it and off to the Dyno to see what it makes.

I have invested in a Digital Tension Wrench so the failures recently with Cam Cover bolts could be annoying, it is!
In the course of a Cam swap last night I had one repair to do in situation ( with the Cam installed) then this morning another followed then 2 more upon testing. Head had to come off so I took the opportunity to use an old Cam Cover an Alignment Tool.

I drilled out the bolt holes to allow a drill and tap to go thru. IMG_20240125_120219.jpg
IMG_20240125_120953.jpg
A supply of Thread inserts is essential and after spending North of 600 bucks on fancy Time Serts I have been using Stainless steel inserts from China that can be tapped in with a Standard Tap.

Cam Holding Tool 😎
With the adjustable cam chain sprocket I can set the Crank at TDC with the chain tensioner installed then use the pliers to rotate the Cam to the desired position ( well so that the Lines are parallel to the case) and lock up the Bolts that hold (hoping :)) the Sprocket.

Previously I had to accept the position the chain decided.IMG_20240125_155955.jpg

NICE! when you come can you bring 2 modified cam sprockets and do the adjustment on my Himas? I get you 2 new ones .. :cool:

Screenshot_20240126_100159_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
A 6mm thread can be repaired with either 8mm or 10 mm insert using standard thread Taps

Rude shock 2 days ago, I did a 0 to 100 on the 511 that prompted me to change to a HT-B, that took a bit longer than expected due to stripped threads but was worth the hassle.
0 to 100 improved by 5 seconds, only change was from OEM to HT-B Cam, same everything else! :cool: 😎

Back