Going Backwards :(

Dool

Backyard Bodger
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
The many modification done to my first Himalayan have been great fun and resulted in a 48 % power increase over stock.
Now the time has come for it to go and the modifications are being reversed.
This is challenging but probably not going to be great fun :confused:
Air box Delete was nothing compared to getting it back in!
IMG_20240630_114808.jpg
This bit is no challenge, I have done it before :cool:
IMG_20240630_114747.jpg
Anyone interested some "big bits"? PM me.

big barrel, head to suit, inlet and throttle body 34mm, Red box, Delkovik Header pipe, Lextec Muffler.

Yes going to sell this one taking back to stock so it doesn't ever beat me 😉

Sime people worship Pierre and RE and are blind in their support, dont want to upset the girls.
I just want to sell it without fuss and dont fancy being overtaken by it later.

My AFR Meter reads high 12s and mid 13s so the FuelX is able to handle this level of modification and quite likely Exhaust and inlet mods.

Makes for a pleasant ride ( what the bike should have been in the beginning) and pulls strongly up to 6k, RE could have sold millions of these and there would be no need for the Guerilla or the other abominations :ROFLMAO:

Can you please tell me if your FuelX the std or pro? As my friend is thinking of doing his cam & air filter. Not wanting to do the BB and RB. Cheers

Lite version, but hold on a bit my dyno results will show the diff between with or without fuelx.
Years ago when I started playing with FuelX I didn't always have an AFR meter, with the lite this set up was running rich, I am (rain permiting) testing it without and so far the numbers are good.

today due to rain I just did some no load tests, with the fx lite unplugged and plugged.
Accuracy is debatable.
4000rpm AFR was 13.7 unplugged and 12.9 with fx.
3000rpm AFR was 14.2 unplugged and 11.4 with fx.
IDLE!! 11.9 unplugged and 12.3 with fx( I think the error margin is about 0.4!).
What to make of this?
Speculation until a Dyno run and under load conditions instead of my driveway

But it leads me to think that "perhaps" the stock air and exhaust system are not as restrictive and detrimental as I previously thought.

But it leads me to think that "perhaps" the stock air and exhaust system are not as restrictive and detrimental as I previously thought.
May be not so much at 4000 rpm but the bike would be requiring a lot higher volume of air at 6-7000 rpm which is where the stock filter and exhaust system might be restrictive, as you say the Dyno run and under load test will tell. It will be interesting.

Back