Adjustable Cam Chain Sprocket

Would you Buy this Sprocket so as to be Sure of your Valve Timing?

• Yes, I think it is required.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No, I'm happy with the OEM "hit or miss" system.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A perfectly squared engine 86x86 would sits nicely at 500cc and we know (thanks to @Dool) it can make some serious power...
I keep inquiring about the diameter of the 350 cylinder since it showed up in the meteor but my dealer keeps making promises that he as usual forgets about when the time comes.

I could probably force it but on the other hand I have no funds to start researching an alternate piston with all the necessary paraphernalia that comes with it - like when I started out to do that for the Hima 4 years ago. Kinda really fucked up because by now I have learned what not to do and would probably come up with a stable forged solution on first trial - but alas - the fortune is already spent.

Also: the Hima has its place and making it stronger has a point. Its not easy to find such a relatively cheap and easy maintainable off road bike in the market. However there a many options for a "Hunter" like bike that already have 30 HP or more for about the same money it would cost to upgrade the hunter to that power - and with less headache. Some even have only 250cc and still 40HP.
There will always be those who want that particular bike, for whatever reason, with more power - but for those Hitch has a cam and I guess sooner or later also a big bore.

Last edited:
Bike Wallah?
They seem to find them.

I keep inquiring about the diameter of the 350 cylinder since it showed up in the meteor but my dealer keeps making promises that he as usual forgets about when the time comes.

I could probably force it but on the other hand I have no funds to start researching an alternate piston with all the necessary paraphernalia that comes with it - like when I started out to do that for the Hima 4 years ago. Kinda really fucked up because by now I have learned what not to do and would probably come up with a stable forged solution on first trial - but alas - the fortune is already spent.

Also: the Hima has its place and making it stronger has a point. Its not easy to find such a relatively cheap and easy maintainable off road bike in the market. However there a many options for a "Hunter" like bike that already have 30 HP or more for about the same money it would cost to upgrade the hunter to that power - and with less headache. Some even have only 250cc and still 40HP.
There will always be those who want that particular bike, for whatever reason, with more power - but for those Hitch has a cam and I guess sooner or later also a big bore.
Many reviewer say online that there is not much difference in power between the new classic/meteor 350 and an old UCE classic 500 and, by the look of the (sparse) dyno charts I found online, that seems to be case.

Probably the biggest difference is that peak torque occurs somewhere between 500 and 1000 RPM earlier on the the UCE, which gives you the impression of a more substantial kick in butt... BUT if one could overbore the J platform and shift the peak torque lower in the rev range, increasing it during the process, then I guess it's a very interesting perspective (at least for me).

I've been drooling about a classic 500 for a bit now, but the new J platform has a more refined engine, higher reliability, a counterbalance and a better overall package... It probably misses the "aura" of a proper vintage bike, but if I could have it with a little more kick at low end I would probably prefer it over the UCE 500, chrome bronze please! :ROFLMAO:

a bit! between the UCE and the J series, the only similarity i see is they both have a piston that is inside and cant be seen šŸ˜
Chalk and Cheese.

Many reviewer say online that there is not much difference in power between the new classic/meteor 350 and an old UCE classic 500 and, by the look of the (sparse) dyno charts I found online, that seems to be case.
I dont know who these reviewers are but I can assure you that the 500 UCE has way more power than the meteor, classic or hunter. yes, the new 350 has a bit more power than the UCE 350 but nowhere near the 500 UCE. And for relatively small money you can upgrade that to 535cc just by changing to the Conti cylinder (if you use the carby version, there may be a problem with the injector version without a powertronic).
The 535 UCE engine has near 30 BHP, the J 350 has 21.

Also: I have driven all those models and owned the 500 bullet and the 535 conti at one time.

Opinions are Opinions, Dynos Vary probably less than opinions. ;)

Opinions are Opinions, Dynos Vary probably less than opinions. ;)
you do not seem to understand the difference between OPINION (something you think to be true without evidence) and EXPERIENCE (something you know to be true because you have lived thru it).

My EXPERIENCE tells me the 500 UCE has more power than the J 350.

(and yes, dynos differ as well as you should know)

Ah, well, the moment of truth nears: unless I sell them before you arrive here for you brief visit - you can drive them all yourself. I can arrange the OEM versions of the Hunter and Meteor (from my dealer), my 410 Hunter should still be there as well as my Meteor 500 with PT4 and now also the Hunter ECU. Then there is the carby Bullet 535 and of course a BS6 and a BS3 500cc Hima. And I guess my dealer will have a 450 new Hima available as well for a test ride. If you insist I let you ride the Taurus as well - but that would only be so you can tell you had once ridden one LOL.

Riding a Taurus would be something šŸ˜

I don't know if my butt is that well calibrated for the comparison test.

IMG_20240312_154539.jpg

If these bolts can't hold torque applied it will move less than on tooth, whether that involves valves hitting the piston I am not sure.

Back