Shipping a Taurus to Germany

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
After rebuilding a Diesel Taurus its time to get it to Germany. If anyone here has any experience (I doubt it but it does not hurt to ask) pls let me know.
So far I have requested a quote from ShipHub - good thing we have a company now. It seems much harder to do it as individual.

Attachments

• ship2germany.jpg
    ship2germany.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Royal-Enfield-Taurus-Diesel.jpg
    Royal-Enfield-Taurus-Diesel.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 62
Will it be a collection item or does someone intend to take it to the road?

I don't know about Germany but here in Italy it would be impossibile to get a license plate for that...

Do you have a video of its sound? I bet it's beyond the usual "tractor like" and sounds more like a rototiller...

Luckily for me the Australian Govt never approved the Taurus, I had the Hots for one for many years, a Queensland company was importing the few "Enfields of India 'as they were at the time and had got the Bullet registerable but could not get the exhaust emissions/muffler passed for the Taurus, if any were sold in Australia they would just farm bikes he told me.
Lowest Fuel consumption of any Motorcycle was the Claim. They are not very fashionable looking are they;)

Engine is not pretty, but the bike overall is passable!

I was curious about engine sound but I guess who used to buy the Taurus was not after good looks or exciting exhaustsā€¦

Which were the figures of fuel economy? 300 mpg? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

the claim was on the Sales brochure, I sent it to Sam.

16839920702448187791519591831757.jpg
Or maybe I didn't?
70kpl (y)
Does not list the 0 to 100kph šŸ˜

Wow 70kpl??? How big was the tank?

With a 15 liters tank, like the Hima, you could ride through all Italy on one tank only!

Thatā€™s sick!!!

It would be interesting, I am not up for it, Nathan (of Post Bike ( Honda CT110) fame) may be inclined but, but I was trying to keep a lower profile :giggle:

It would be interesting, I am not up for it, Nathan (of Post Bike ( Honda CT110) fame) may be inclined but, but I was trying to keep a lower profile :giggle:

Thatā€™s a serious ā€œiron buttā€ challenge!

there is a thread on the German RE forum from years back where a guy rides this bike all the way from Berlin to Vladivostok - and thru the different "stans" - on 3rd and 4th class "roads. He manages to reach but sends it back via train.
There is a law that allows older vehicles to be registered in Germany if they have been registered elsewhere before 1998 I think it was.

This thing is going on now since MAY - not counting the build-up of the bke itself which took almost 2 years (when 3 month where initially suggest by the seller).
However we seem to get somewhere with it - I found a shipping agent who will sea-ship it in a container for about 700 euro not counting port expenses in Germany and customs duty and VAT of course. But still it is a far cry from the 3000 Euro air cargo was quoted to cost.

My German friend who is the owner of the bike is currently figuring out the handling fees in Hamburg and once that is OKed I will figure out how to get the bike to the shipping agent (in a box or just on a truck).

Stay tuned - although I guess shipping a bike from India is much less attractive these days than 20 years ago due to new emission laws and rules that where introduced just to protect the manufacturer from competition. Mind you, BS6 is a word-for-word copy of Euro5 rules - lazy Indians just copied it, still it is nearly impossible to get a ABS (permission to use vehicle) for a new Indian bought bike in Germany or elsewhere in the EU.

yeah, well, India strikes again ... the German handling agent declined to work with our Indian shipping agent - apparently based on unpaid bills from years ago. I totally believe that knowing a thing or two about indian business practices by now.
Now my friend is reaching out to German shippers with handlers in India. Will update how that works out .. :sneaky::unsure:

Back