Hitchcocks performance cam

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
Just ordered it for the 500cc Meteor, I am curious if "fluid dynamics" reduces the effectivity of the big bore or enhances it.

Last edited:
hard to imagine it gets worse.
Arrived yet ?

yes, but 8000 INR customs and I am since a week stuck in Kathmandu, those visa monkeys take their sweet time.
Upon return I will be off to the Spiti right away so testing fluid dynamics is not in the cards before I guess August

When you speak of fluid dynamics, are you referring to the Hitchcock cams performance in the larger engine? If you are, what you will experience is still a gain just as in a stock 350. The difference is that it will move that improved flow into lower RPM range, hence the power will come on sooner. This is typical to most internal combustion engines that get a signal displacement increase. The 500 may benefit from a larger cam then the current Hitchcock cam. Something to think about.

The fluid dynamics thing is kinda an inside joke. way back when we did our own cam (the ht-b) for the Hima it was shown that the power gain in a unmodified engine was larger than in a 477 BB engine which I did not understand. One of our members more proficient in these matters then told me it would be the "fluid dynamics" that caused the difference.

After the aborted cam chain change we put the Hitch cam into the Meteor. I will report on the effects as soon as I get the chance to ride it on an open road (not the congestion we have here on weekends)

The fluid dynamics thing is kinda an inside joke. way back when we did our own cam (the ht-b) for the Hima it was shown that the power gain in a unmodified engine was larger than in a 477 BB engine which I did not understand. One of our members more proficient in these matters then told me it would be the "fluid dynamics" that caused the difference.
That’s funny stuff

OK, couldnt wait, went to the market with the Meteor and WHOW !! a difference similar almost to he 500cc BB kit itself. Its now a veritable rocket.
Of course that test ride is only in acceleration up to 4000rpm in 1,2,3 gear so far, city traffic.
But totally worth it IMO.

Back