Getting rid of the pesky engine light

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
Often the engine light stays on for trivial reasons, if you read out the error its "low system voltage" or some other bs. It bothers me to have to go to the workshop to have it switched off every time (although sometimes it switches off by itself but thats not a certainty).

I got a cheap OBD2 bluetooth dongle (7 US$ amazon) together with the fitting cable* for 9 bucks (the one I have fits for BS6 only!) and a cheap android app called "Torque PRO". I leave the dongle connected under the seat at all times - now I can erase the error codes on the fly which will switch off the engine LED.

*iovi 16 pin OBD-II Cable for Honda Scooters and Motorcycles

Attachments

• torque.jpg
    torque.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 67
  • OBDcable2.jpg
    OBDcable2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 69
  • OBD2.jpg
    OBD2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 73
  • OBDcable.jpg
    OBDcable.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 70
Update July: the very cheap ODB2 scanner stopped working. The bluetooth would not connect to my mobile anymore.
I am using another device now which is allowing me to directly read/erase fault codes but it has to be attached to the cable under the seat every time which is a major PITA. Looking for alternatives ...

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 59
its a BS6 but it will work in principle on a BS4 (possibly with a different cable adapter)
BS6 uses the stock ECU with Powertronic and fuelx help. If the red box on a BS4 is used I guess there is no ODB2 option.

Back