Fan to OEM oil cooler

thony

Developer
Developer
477 Owner
I want to try an oil cooling fan on the stock oil cooler. Have these parts in my cart but fan height seems to be a problem with the routing of the stiff left oil hose.

I am wondering if I could get the same fitting on a different bend angle to fit to an adapter into the actual hose thus clearing the right edge of the posterior side of the cooler (basically the hose gets in the way of my intentions):

1714067659390.png

Or get that rhomboid oil cooler fitting plus a more flexible hose that can just be correctyl routed into the banjo bolt that goes to the engine block. So:

Do you know the name of the fitting that goes from hose to oil cooler?
The banjo bolt that goes into the block is a 10mm bolt

I think we talked about the cooling fans before.

A year ago we discussed it, long thread:

Pages 50, 51 in the part catalogue which you should have

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 12
I do have it, the name of part that I need is referenced as just pipe assembly. This piece is what I am looking for:

1714504300065.png

But all good, our first conversation did not get to an actual funcional fan, I already ordered the parts to begin with. Will report when it has some shape.

I do have it, the name of part that I need is referenced as just pipe assembly. This piece is what I am looking for:

View attachment 1673
"I cut that pipe and welded a JIC Hydraulic fitting to it, I doubt it would be a standard flange size. "

But all good, our first conversation did not get to an actual funcional fan, I already ordered the parts to begin with. Will report when it has some shape.

Yeah I did a quick check and it should not be a standard shape. Will probably just buy an oem pipe and mutilate accordingly.

Back