Engine in Pieces

Dool

Backyard Bodger
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
Has anyone got an Engine in pieces? Scram/Himalayan.
Looking for dimensions of the Oil Jet, part number 574055/a

It's the Oil jet in the RH crankcase isn't it? (and same as the one at the bottom of the cylinder) Thats 19mm long and 6mm largest diameter.
Let me know if you need more dimensions

Jet size or inside diameter šŸ˜‰
I may have to make one.

Jet size. Fitting is very loose, so i'm thinking about 6,1 or maybe more for inside diameter

What would the actual jet size be? can you approximate with a drill bit.

It's between 1 and 1.5mm (also for the feed hole). Dont have a 1.2 at hand at the moment but that should be close.
There are 4 jetholes, essentialy 2 full drillthoughs at a 90 degree angle

It's between 1 and 1.5mm (also for the feed hole). Dont have a 1.2 at hand at the moment but that should be close.
There are 4 jetholes, essentialy 2 full drillthoughs at a 90 degree angle
can you post a picture of the part? that would make it easier to locate it here.

Haven't got a picture and the parts file doesn't show a very good rendition.
I never took a good look at it before.
So apart from a 1.2mm hole through, it has an extra 4 holes at the bottom to get more in?
But effective diameter is 1.2 mm.
If Bower Birds lived near me I would be climbing trees, it is either that or it fell in the "enlargened" Case hole :cool:

After looking harder at the parts diagram on my phone I see it is one of 2. @barima alerted me to this, that being the case I just need to remove the second one and copy it, not so bad.

Yes, i just checked. both oil jets are the same. Think again before you remove the clutch cover to locate the second one.
I just received a new gasket from the stealer at 60.50 Euros.. And its even a paper one, not the fancy alloy with coating. Economic warfare at its finest...
Better order a new jet...

Attachments

• IMG_20240405_114019_140.jpg
    IMG_20240405_114019_140.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for that, could be expensive but it was my mistake :whistle: I could fit an OEM Clutch pack while I am in ;)..

Back