Dool

Dool

Backyard Bodger
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
I am pretty sure I did this previously before we Migrated Platforms, just saying in case I contradict myself.
First MC would have been a Villiers stationary engine bolted to an old scooter direct drive, we took out the spark plug if we had to walk it.
Next was a Lambretta minus the scooter, imagine 1/2" pipe joining the Front of the scooter to the engine, 4 pieces ! Frame alignment was not considered!, Clutch worked but not the Gear change. I had blown up a few things before I started an apprenticeship where I presumably learned to not do it so often.
I took over the payments on my older brothers CB450 and it shook me into buying an A65 BSA which leaked oil, they mostly all did back then.
Then I got My motorcycle License, I borrowed my mates brothers new Green Yamaha SX500 ? it had twin discs at the front and a single at the back, mag wheels an all, locked up the Brakes on the driving test and surprised both myself and the Tester and got a license, it was a good feeling.
All came to an end a few months later when it was determined that I was riding a MC that was un licensed with false plates and failing to display a probationary sticker.
Cancelled for like forever, well 3 months and then I had to jump through a few Hoops etc, went for my MC license this time on an XS650 that was running badly, just got away with that and have held a license ever since. Fingers Crossed.

First accident, riding in the Church grounds on a TAS 50cc Grasshopper this had a centrifugal clutch and a Zip start the cover from the Zip start had been removed and the starter cup worked pretty much like a Hole cutter when it fell on me. I wasnt supposed to be riding there ;)

Bought this Himalayan because I was bored with my Sportster Side Car Combo, was going to get the 650 but wanted something lighter and easier to ride.

One Mistake after another and now I have a couple of Himalayans and an interesting Hobby:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I did some basic research into fuel injection when I was 15!
I had a Victa Lawnmower engine bolted to a bench with just the Flywheel magneto, no Carby and no Exhaust, starting was done with a rope and the Fuel delivery was a Can of Aerostart, not much was learned from this but some fun had.

I am pretty sure I did this previously before we Migrated Platforms, just saying in case I contradict myself.
First MC would have been a Villiers stationary engine bolted to an old scooter direct drive, we took out the spark plug if we had to walk it.
Next was a Lambretta minus the scooter, imagine 1/2" pipe joining the Front of the scooter to the engine, 4 pieces ! Frame alignment was not considered!, Clutch worked but not the Gear change. I had blown up a few things before I started an apprenticeship where I presumably learned to not do it so often.
I took over the payments on my older brothers CB450 and it shook me into buying an A65 BSA which leaked oil, they mostly all did back then.
Then I got My motorcycle License, I borrowed my mates brothers new Green Yamaha SX500 ? it had twin discs at the front and a single at the back, mag wheels an all, locked up the Brakes on the driving test and surprised both myself and the Tester and got a license, it was a good feeling.
All came to an end a few months later when it was determined that I was riding a MC that was un licensed with false plates and failing to display a probationary sticker.
Cancelled for like forever, well 3 months and then I had to jump through a few Hoops etc, went for my MC license this time on an XS650 that was running badly, just got away with that and have held a license ever since. Fingers Crossed.

First accident, riding in the Church grounds on a TAS 50cc Grasshopper this had a centrifugal clutch and a Zip start the cover from the Zip start had been removed and the starter cup worked pretty much like a Hole cutter when it fell on me. I wasnt supposed to be riding there ;)

Bought this Himalayan because I was bored with my Sportster Side Car Combo, was going to get the 650 but wanted something lighter and easier to ride.

One Mistake after another and now I have a couple of Himalayans and an interesting Hobby:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A65 had a beautyful engine to look at!

What was the CB450? The N twin?

CB 450 was the DOHC twin vibrated like nothing else.
BSA A65/50 were quite a neat package.

CB 450 was the DOHC twin vibrated like nothing else.
BSA A65/50 were quite a neat package.
Which was the crank angle? 180 or 360?

I would be guessing 180?, this was a couple of years before the 500 came out, 1972/73.
A Mate had the 500 it was Butt Ugly and had a Brown seat, the 450 was ahead of its time and was scolded for it.
This one looks neat, Honda CB450 K1 (1968)_01.jpg

I would be guessing 180?, this was a couple of years before the 500 came out, 1972/73.
A Mate had the 500 it was Butt Ugly and had a Brown seat, the 450 was ahead of its time and was scolded for it.
This one looks neat,View attachment 725
that is a good looking bike!

It did not have the soul that the Beezer had.
Well that was my thinking at the time :)
A65T, T for Thunder Bird or some such?honda-cb-450-1973-1974[1].jpg Gee I was Stupid then also!
Vibrated but didnt leak oil !

Back