Daytona RPM Tachometer

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
After the abysmal performance of the super cheap (10 US$) chinese tachos I tried (they worked somehow but jumped all over the place, impossible to get a reading while driving) I opted to order a Daytona Velona 8000 rpm which is claimed to be made in Japan - and which was used by a guy in the German forum with success on his Scram.
None where available inside India and internationally a German distributor was the best offer: 135 Euro plus 35 euro shipping (plus 40 euro customs duty).
So quite a jump in price.
However, this instrument is absolute useless SHIT. From the get-go it ran at half the rpm it should have and the 2 knobs for mod and select both did exactly NOTHING.
You could press them any way you wanted - no change in the display (it had started up in temperature mode which it should not have according to the booklet).
I wrote to the distributor fc-moto.de only to get a canned reply that they where short of staff , blah blah. .. a week later after 3 unsuccessful attempts someone picked up the phone, listened to my story and promised prompt solution "within today".
No such luck. I wrote a harsh review on two review platforms which did get noticed and voila - next day it WAS solved - kind of: send it back and once we receive it we will refund you ...
Well, even IF they refund I will lose 35 in shipping and 40 in customs - plus a lot of time.

conclusion: Daytona either LIES (with made in Japan) or the Japanese have the same shitty final check for their products (read that: zero) like the chinese.
with the tiny difference: the chinese are CHEAP !!

OK, if you can source the stuff in your own country it may be worth a shot, but if you risk losing on shipping AND customs - better stay away.

I have used Koso speedo on mine. Very well trashed and still working. And interestingly Koso USA does respond emails, they even help you with technical guidance if needed. Koso also has tacho units.

Screenshot_20240504_170330_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
I assume these are inductive ie you wrap some wire around the ignition lead.

Hard to make it look sexy but its waterproof.

I have one of these, or similar.
I can try it out un a week or so

Definitely, and pls send me one or two, I can't order from AliExpress anymore from India

Back