4 Valves instead of 2 gives 100% more power?

Dool

Backyard Bodger
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
I would like one so I could fit the 4 Valve Head just released, double or triple the Power, In another Life perhaps :unsure:

Damn! That IS impressive. But also out of the question unless one of us wins the lottery I guess

So you will buy me one when you win :unsure:

depends which Lottery. But as in the old joke: please buy a ticket first ...

Probably they realize that too. much information would make the customer confused so they leave some out, I wonder how many they made, don't spose it was hundreds.

also: Hitch is outright lying about the stock 535. I owned one for a short time, bought the last one my dealer had but re-sold it to him (at a huge loss) soon after because the sitting position was just impossible for me. However it really had more umpf than my stock 500cc Bullet I also owned at the time - and that already was a racer (compared to stock Himas) so the official data for the 535 are correct:
Displacement535 cc
Engine TypeSingle Cylinder, 4 Stroke, Air Cooled
No. of Cylinders1
Max Power29.5PS @ 5100rpm

in comparison the 500cc Bullet:
Engine Power27.2 Hp
Bore x Stroke84mm x 90mm
Compression Ratio8.5:1
Fuel SystemFuel Injection

Hitch shows under 20HP for the stock 535 - even if those are RWHP - the difference is WAY too big to the real data and my own experience.
the calibration of their dyno is way off.
if they used a correctly working dyno their 4 valve head would show 46 HP instead of 36 - now why would they make such an obvious mistake?
My opinion is: the stock measurement was done with a faulty dyno, then the dyno was re calibrated and THEN the measurment for the 4 valve head taken. That would be way more believable. from 29HP which is like 26 RWHP to 36RWHP I can barely believe just by modding the head (remember we also experimented with bigger valves - with marginal results) - but from 19 RWHP to 36 RWHP JUST BY ADDING 2 MORE VALVES is bullshit IMO.

Attachments

• 90370 Dyno graph power.png
    90370 Dyno graph power.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 70
I asked Hitch:
Subject: PART No. 90371 4 VALVE CYLINDER HEAD CONVERSION PACKAGE, 500 EFI (UCE)
which replacement / piggyback ECU do you use for fuel control in this setup? regards Gunnar

Hello,
We retain the standard ECU and use a Power Commander to control the fuelling, all though we have also had a couple of customers run a Mikuni carb instead of retaining the fuel injection.
Regards,
Dan

Your "Opinion" has a few holes in it I suggest although their graph does look both optimistic ( for the extra valves) and pessimistic for the stock output.
The gain is all at the top so to speak but I no more doubt the conclusions here than their Himalayan results.

Graph states it's RWHP,
I can read
Your "Opinion" has a few holes in it

care to elaborate?
we have religious freedom so you can believe anything you want. I do NOT believe 2 more valves gives you almost 100% more power (even with PC and special exhaust)

I suggest although their graph does look both optimistic ( for the extra valves) and pessimistic for the stock output.
so?

The gain is all at the top so to speak but I no more doubt the conclusions here than their Himalayan results.
and why not?
religiously?

Because you have been wrong before and this looks similar?
Your Butt is not so well calibrated and to suggest that HMC is lying is plain silly.
Just my opinion but yours reads like a novel.

Because you have been wrong before and this looks similar?

Peter think before you hit the keyboard. I was certainly wrong at times as where you so a no brainer, the rest of you argument is empty space as well.

I have owned a driven the Hima OEM which YOU dynoed with 22 RWHP. I actually currently own a Bullet 500 and I can guarantee you the difference is WORLDS. The 500 Bullet is even faster than the BS6 Hima with HT-b and Fuelx pro.
The 535 -from memory- was faster than the Bullet 500. ask anyone who owns one.

so where does that leave Hitch? they dynoed 2 HP less than a stock Hima out of a 535.

READ THIS AGAIN BEFORE YOU REPLY.

Your Butt is not so well calibrated and to suggest that HMC is lying is plain silly.

WELL NOT SO SILLY IF YOU LOOK AT THE FACTS, IN FACT YOU ARE SILLY ASSUMING (AGAINST YOUR BETTER JUDGEMENT elsewhere) THAT ADVERTISING (HITCHES DYNO CHART IS ADVERTISING!) MUST BE FACTUAL.

Just my opinion but yours reads like a novel.
what did I say about unfounded opinions? leave them off this forum! either you have arguments (other than "I believe") or keep it to yourself. we are not the church here.

another aspect is: Hitch uses a PC (piggyback) to adjust fuel. I have heard you say manipulating the various sensors allows for max. 25% more fuel (in the context of the PT but I just assume here PC and PT are functioning sufficiently similar as there are only so many sensor data to manipulate).
so how do you get 100% of power out of 25% more fuel?

PT and PC are different
one has a max of 25%
As for unfounded opinions you're the Master.

PT and PC are different
one has a max of 25%

and the other? and which is which?

As for unfounded opinions you're the Master.
because you say so?

now explain why a 535 has 19.8 RWHP as stated by Hitch and not 26 or so as stated officially and confirmed by me (and you - indirectly)
Peter, ad hominem isn't helping - arguments are ... so let me reiterate: READ WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN before you hit the keyboard!

I d/l the software for the PC but they require an account to use it - and I need to have the device to get the account. Other than that neither their faq nor other documents I could find tell me what the max fuel is the PC can add to the ECU. However given the people from Racedynamics are not exactly idiots and will have maxed out whatever a piggyback can give via data manipulation my argument still holds that both more or less allow for the same max fuel added to the ecu max fuel. the PC is more versatile and adding fuel is just one component - so I see no reason why they should not be similar in that respect. That is unless the PC uses another altogether different mechanism to determine fuel amount, e.g. a fuel pump booster or something.

Well having owned both, I suppose that makes me the Expert šŸ˜Ž But on the Himalayan not a Tractor!
25% as opposed to 100 from memory so the PC wins hands down and is "industry standard"

The Sick? 535 that was Dynoed does under represent with HP as claims of 29 (at the crank ) are easy to find.
As I would only present valid data I actually expect that the others do the same so perhaps I did not give enough scrutiny to their Graph which appears to show that 4 is worse than 2 Valves between about 3100 and 3600rpm where some folk ride, but I think it is a fair trade off:) To be Fair the Bigger Valves we played with were just that, bigger valves and showed little or no improvement on the Dyno.

Where are the disgruntled 535 owners? I have not seen any graphs showing RWHP exceeding 19.81 so maybe they are gutless.

The other take from that chart is that it all happens after, like after the red line sort of thing, my bike does 8000 and I think @Sasa wont give it enough fuel to go to 9000, thats where the power is apparently.:ROFLMAO:

I worked out long ago that I couldn't sit on a Conti as much as I admire the looks, just as I could not sit on the Inter when it came out ( was released! :eek: ) so I bought the one I could sit on.

Turns out it was, as in used to be in my case, a gutless but easy to sit on Motorcycle, it is not now as evidenced by my honest Dyno charts
There was a German bloke his name started with G and spell check isnt helping! but he is remembered as saying something about a Big lie not being disputed as easily as a small one, perhaps a what with all the investment into this endeavor they have been tempted.
E&OEA

Back