Racedynamics - makers of the Powertronic

My point is that maybe you can do the switching with some other switch and read it on the unit.
well. anything is possible but not everything is useful. while it may be true that I only ever need position 10 and therefor could do away with the switch altogether - using it in any sensible way for testing would require knowing which position it is in. I cant just guess it.
Its also a moot point bc I already bought a replacement. The thing I would suggest to RD is: if you must use a cheap harness at least make it replaceable.

Going out on a Limb here, 4 wires, 1 is for LED, 1 for V-/Earth and one for up and the other for down :unsure:

Going out on a Limb here, 4 wires, 1 is for LED, 1 for V-/Earth and one for up and the other for down :unsure:
Don't think so. I guess there is a small electronic board inside the switch (probably el chepo type) that reads the input from switch, relays back the information to the main unit, and pilots the led for signaling and flashing. I guess 4 wires are because the whole thing communicates through CAN, which is the most common communication bus nowadays on automotive related electronics...

I would have blown it up then šŸ˜ Easy when it's not your own.

Late update on RD: During my stay in Leh this summer I had time to investigate why my BS6 was running like shit. It was suggested by RD tech that my cabling was connected in a wrong way. reminder: I do have PT V4 and Fuelx Pro - so a lot of cables.
My thinking was that the various plugs would not allow for wrong connection but I was wrong - they DO!!
So with the help of Whatsapp video and a RD tech who know his stuff we got it right. Ever since my BS6 only stalls once when cold and not at irregular intervals like before. It also runs better (although not as good as the carby - still)

RD also published an installation manual to go with the V4 -however they do NOT provide the crucial info how to correctly install V4 PLUS FuelX Pro which they SHOULD (case in point: me!).

Back