Racedynamics - makers of the Powertronic

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
These guys have 3 helplines none of which gives any help. They only assist in "installations" which is self explanatory - but when it comes to their software there isn't even a manual let alone ANY assistance from ANY of their "helplines"
They have a plethora of "help" links on their website, from chat to whatsapp to phone to email. None of which tell you ANYTHING about the V4 software BUT they send you on a wild goose chase to call this expert or that technician.

Update: help with understanding the software was offered today. see post below, will keep this updated as things evolve.

Last edited:
So it doesent help being in India ?
Bs6 is a curse.

Today a technician actually called me back and offered help with understanding the software so I will adjust my earlier judgement accordingly. It remains to be seen if that materializes in a useful way but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
I didn't have any time as i was busy checking out my new wreck (do I ever learn ...) and installing the HT-b in the 500 which has gotten quite a bit more dangerous since.
They ALSO promised to have a manual published "really soon" after I spammed about every phone and email with the request for one.
We will see ...

UPDATE: At Racedynamics the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Such a bunch of disorganized MORONS.
I just had a long phonecall with ONX and he has also purchased a few PT V4 and also did not know how to program them so he sent a 477 BS6 to RD and they dynoed a map for him !!!!
He says his customer is not happy with that map (no really surprised there considering the "luck" I had with their V3 PT mapping) but he ALSO says that a BS6 477 owner is happy with ONLY fuelX (not even pro) - which runs contrary to my own experience.
I am confused ... but I will get the map they made for ONX and try it out on my 477 without cam.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-02-07 at 18.27.07.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-02-07 at 18.27.07.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 92
Ask why that customer is happy with just the FuelX, could be that the only modification is displacement.

Ask why that customer is happy with just the FuelX, could be that the only modification is displacement.
Yes, he did not know though. But that is also my suspicion. If it really is ONLY the 470cc engine and not other gimmicks the power will not be that impressive but the bike could possibly run smooth. Especially as there are always some variations in a series of bikes. He also mentioned that he gives a thicker foot gasket to reduce compression which will also work along those lines.
I could verify that - I will be re-installing the 470 cylinder in a few days and have the fuelx pro on the bike. I also have a stock exhaust lying around to test if that works. Our foot gasket is also a bit thicker that RE OEM. But I think I did test that already in late 2021 when I got my BS6 and I wasn't happy with the result - but my memory is a bit foggy regarding the details. I was also quite spoiled at the time by the flawless performance of the carby models.

A Mate who bought me lunch yesterday said that EFI added 30% improvement in fuel efficiency and 30% in power gains, I have no idea where here got that idea from but like I said he bought lunch :ROFLMAO:

UPDATE: At Racedynamics the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Such a bunch of disorganized MORONS.
I just had a long phonecall with ONX and he has also purchased a few PT V4 and also did not know how to program them so he sent a 477 BS6 to RD and they dynoed a map for him !!!!
He says his customer is not happy with that map (no really surprised there considering the "luck" I had with their V3 PT mapping) but he ALSO says that a BS6 477 owner is happy with ONLY fuelX (not even pro) - which runs contrary to my own experience.
I am confused ... but I will get the map they made for ONX and try it out on my 477 without cam.
5 Tie down points! My Dynos are done with a few less but a single drum not 2 like this pic, exhaust seems to show cat is retained?

A Mate who bought me lunch yesterday said that EFI added 30% improvement in fuel efficiency and 30% in power gains, I have no idea where here got that idea from but like I said he bought lunch :ROFLMAO:
we call this angler Latin

R-tune V3 vs. V4:

V4 software does not load maps when not connected to a PT, now I have to make all changes on the road in broad sunlight on a tiny screen - while V3 allowed me to make those changes on my very big screen in my office.
V4 software is using so small fonts that stuff on a 10 inch screen (the small notebook I used to program the V3 software) is unreadable
This is like Microsoft releasing windows 8 - a piece of unusable JUNK - after windows 7 was very good. why? the guy who made this V4 software clearly never used it in the real world nor does he drive a bike.
Same goes for the V4 PT: the V3 had a rubber plug that was attached to the PT - V4 has a rubber plug that is loose and will be lost sooner or later. which IDIOT designed that?
RD got a 477 on their dyno - provided by ONX - yet they made me BEG for a map for that bike - clearly internal communication SUCKS or those guys just don't give a shit about customers.
And one more thing: they sell V4 since DECEMBER yet they are unable to release a manual or a video on how to use it IN FEBRUARY. That is a job for someone with an average IQ and should not take more than one afternoon to make.

why has RACEDYNAMICS devolved into such a SHITSHOW?

FuelX Pro developed a malfunction. The fault seems to be limited to the switch function because once we got it to show 10 x blinking it stayed that way and the bike ran fine - BUT of course that is not satisfactory. So we will send the device for checking and possible replacement back to RD.

Meanwhile I will use the 500 carby and pick up Dools glove :cool:

Last edited:
The switch on Pro is a big lump of a thing, did you not have trouble with one of these before?

The switch on Pro is a big lump of a thing, did you not have trouble with one of these before?
yes, the first one we ordered did not work at all. was replaced. this time I have to order a replacement (and pay for it) first or I cant use my BS6. well, what to do ...

Having the switch mounted upside down has probably Voided your warranty :cool:

Does the unit itself display the green light as well because some of the complexity of the switch would be the display which must be a few wires, the switch may only be a couple of wires, I remember it was Jammed in to the housing and the wiring stressed as a result.
My point is that maybe you can do the switching with some other switch and read it on the unit.

Does the unit itself display the green light as well because some of the complexity of the switch would be the display which must be a few wires, the switch may only be a couple of wires, I remember it was Jammed in to the housing and the wiring stressed as a result.
My point is that maybe you can do the switching with some other switch and read it on the unit.
the unit is just a black box. I need the switch.

but does the black box have the same green light?

Mine has LEDs and the switch and light is done with 4 wires only 16782862322436463937801410327606.jpg

Attachments

• 16782861767756048250083762739077.jpg
    16782861767756048250083762739077.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 81
well, I did not see anything blinking on mine but then again I was mainly focused on the switch. will check next time the seat comes off.

Back