Konnen Automotive panniers

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
21. June 2021, 7:42
Konnen Automotive is an Indian factory for panniers. They also have a range of models for the Hima. Because they offer a slightly bigger version than the company panniers for about the same money and their website looks great I ordered them from amazon knowing I could return them if they where not up to specs.

No luck - apparently they can not ship to my address via Amazon. However they can if I order thru their website. Of course now its a gamble, will they accept a return?

The answer is a clear NO. I tried everything, including offering to pay the return via courier out of pocket.

They remain hard nosed and insist on no returns - they have no terms of use - if you click there you get to googles terms of use so no way to find that out beforehand.

Why would I want to return them? here is why:

The quality is inferior in every aspect (compared to the RE panniers) - they use cheap steel which makes the panniers heavy, their plastic corner covers break if dropped from 30cm height, their locks look impressive on a photo but if you see them in person they are super cheap Chinese shit that can be opened with a screwdriver in 2 seconds. But the worst is that they are incompatible with the RE carrier. Instead they provide you with a substandard smaller carrier that has about 50% of the stability the RE one has. You are forced to use this cheap stuff as their panniers do not attach to the RE carriers.

In case you complain they reply you can "make them fit". Which is true. If you flex the holders on the rear off and weld them on again in a different position. I did that just to see how much work it is - the answer: a lot. And you will destroy the paint job as well. now you have a weaker connection than this third rate construction was without this operation.

On top of all this: to attach them and take them off you have to empty them. I kid you not. Totally empty. The lower connectors are at the bottom and there is no way (like with the RE panniers) to pack them at home, then carry them to the bike and attach them. All they had to do was copy the RE mechanism which is easy and simple (and cheap) - but no, they found a way to make that worse as well.

And they give you 2 different locks, meaning you have to carry 2 keys if you mount both boxes. That is so brain dead, I have no words.

I use them because I have them but given half a choice I would NEVER chose them again.

Are they the Black ones on the bike you sold?

yes, they where 26.000 INR I think or 24.000 cant remember but way overpriced for the quality. I gave them for 12.000.

Back