Hydraulic clutch

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
Since using the German stronger clutch springs its even more tiring to use it on a long bridge or in dense traffic where I have to constantly shift the clutch for minutes on end. Some guys in Germany have now fitted a hydraulic solution and claim that this relieves some of the manual force needed. They have not disclosed their source but I believe they use this model from Aliexpress. If Ali delivers to India I will get one (if not maybe Dool can help ...).

Attachments

• hydrclutch.jpg
    hydrclutch.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 76
OMG, I hate Aliexpress, these idiots make you jump thru all the hoops up to the point where you have logged into Paypal and confirmed the payment - then comes "due to logistical reasons blah blah blah we cannot deliver to your address!

ONX have a kit šŸ˜ but not at that price.

Has anybody looked into extending the Lever on the Engine, I believe in Physics and leverage was one of the things taught at school here ( we dont get taught to shoot ;) )

Since using the German stronger clutch springs its even more tiring to use it on a long bridge or in dense traffic where I have to constantly shift the clutch for minutes on end. Some guys in Germany have now fitted a hydraulic solution and claim that this relieves some of the manual force needed. They have not disclosed their source but I believe they use this model from Aliexpress. If Ali delivers to India I will get one (if not maybe Dool can help ...).

47 aussie dollars for the full kit delivered to Australia, what did they quote to send to India?

47 aussie dollars for the full kit delivered to Australia, what did they quote to send to India?
about the same but it is insubstantial bc they dont send here so nobody knows how much it would have been.

Leverage is important here, we need to determine a couple of basics.
The Master cylinder is what you will pull with your hand and the Slave cylinder will react to the differences between the diameters of the 2 pistons sizes.
So if you have a small master cylinder it will enable more force to be applied but more movement to accomplish the action, a bigger Master cylinder will move the Slave faster but will require more force from the Hand squeezing the Clutch lever.

Personally I think the length of the Levers should be the critical consideration here.
Hydraulics is good but it is just a Lever and a small piston or a Big piston pushed by a small or big piston is the same as a SeeSaw .

Enerpac hydraulic pumps have a Small piston with a Big lever and will create over 10000 psi exerting incredible force but require many Strokes to make this happen.
The Cable has some losses but the Hydraulic system will not be limited by the Friction etc, it will still need and Advantage like a longer side on your side of the SeeSaw :cool:
Bed Time!

looks very nice! question: is the connection to the hydraulic line standardized? can I use any car or otherwise available line?

I personally like my EZ Clutch: https://prospec.co.in/easy-clutch
Bob
I had it, it kinda works but if the cables rupture you are left with none standard length - replacement takes time. Also I find there is too much "stuff" hanging down from the clutch grip.

ONX have a kit šŸ˜ but not at that price.
I have requested a price for a full kit, including line and master cylinder - lets see, maybe its worth not having the trouble with double postage and customs in India.

looks very nice! question: is the connection to the hydraulic line standardized? can I use any car or otherwise available line?

I had it, it kinda works but if the cables rupture you are left with none standard length - replacement takes time. Also I find there is too much "stuff" hanging down from the clutch grip.
The Banjo Bolt is 10mm x 1.5mm pitch, that is pretty standard on Motorcycles

I have requested a price for a full kit, including line and master cylinder - lets see, maybe its worth not having the trouble with double postage and customs in India.
I doubt you will like the Price ;)

OK, I ordered a set from ONX - it is very reasonably priced and includes everything, even a new brake pump/handle for symmetric looks,

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-01-09 at 06.55.59.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-09 at 06.55.59.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 78
I doubt you will like the Price ;)
wrong, I love the price considering the Indian customs charged me 4000 INR duty on the last set of rings your sent me - these guys just pull those numbers out of their asses!!! so its a risk and the wait time on top of it. All considered 7800 for the complete set is OK in my book.

OK, I ordered a set from ONX - it is very reasonably priced and includes everything, even a new brake pump/handle for symmetric looks,
But now you will have to refit your Time Piece :giggle:

Well considering that the kit has all that and both are switched and Radial Master cylinders, I would say it is Excellent Value

At 90ā‚¬ approx I'd say it's excellent value too. Has anyone here tested the thing? I'm curious about the new brake pump. I'm planning on removing the ABS pump anyway to improve feel and brake power, maybe this new pump would help too?

At 90ā‚¬ approx I'd say it's excellent value too. Has anyone here tested the thing? I'm curious about the new brake pump. I'm planning on removing the ABS pump anyway to improve feel and brake power, maybe this new pump would help too?
My bike has the 650 brakes in front so I dont really need that and would probably not install it "just for looks". So I could add it to your belated package.

Ok, stuff arrived today, the package contains 2 components, the actual hydraulic part that connects to he clutch arm from - some obscure company called "Garri's" which has only a very low key site on facebook (likely sits in Malaysia) and a much bigger parcel with all the rest from an even more obscure company "HEAD AND HEART TECHNOLOGY AND PASSION" which also sells Brembo calipers - if they are not fake there seems some legitimacy there but also: no website and very bad fb page.

Stuff looks solid though on first inspection. Unfortunately next week is a nexus in time where a whole bunch of stuff is scheduled to go down that needs my attention so mounting this treasure will likely not before Friday or even later.

Attachments

• 20230114_193038.jpg
    20230114_193038.jpg
    690 KB · Views: 70
  • 20230114_193051.jpg
    20230114_193051.jpg
    815.2 KB · Views: 79
Back