Hunter upgrade?

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
Of the three bikes using the new 350cc RE engine the Hunter has the best "racing" character. However 350 is 350 and in India and from RE that means serious lack of umpf. Of course doing a BIG BORE to 450 or even 500 -or rather whatever the engine body opening allows without tampering with it - crossed my mind early on. However problems with creating maps for the BS6 Hima Powertronic and the unavailability of a PT (or any other alternative ECU) for the new 350 engine kept me from entertaining such plans further. But now 2 things happened simultaneously: A Meteor with a seized piston came to the workshop so I get to measure the diameter of the opening once the cylinder is removed AND Racedynamics announced a PT for the 350 for early 2023.

So it seems there is a new game afoot!

20220807060517_WhatsApp Image 2022_08_07 at 5.59.44 PM.jpeg

Dool

Backyard Bodger
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
I can see the appeal, but with only a PT on it your limited to 25% more fuel so not a 500!
Which is a pity because that would make it a Rocket.
Maybe one will turn up on fb with a bent sidecar:rolleyes:

We did determine that the Piston Pin is the same size didnt we ?

Dool

Backyard Bodger
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
Of the three bikes using the new 350cc RE engine the Hunter has the best "racing" character. However 350 is 350 and in India and from RE that means serious lack of umpf. Of course doing a BIG BORE to 450 or even 500 -or rather whatever the engine body opening allows without tampering with it - crossed my mind early on. However problems with creating maps for the BS6 Hima Powertronic and the unavailability of a PT (or any other alternative ECU) for the new 350 engine kept me from entertaining such plans further. But now 2 things happened simultaneously: A Meteor with a seized piston came to the workshop so I get to measure the diameter of the opening once the cylinder is removed AND Racedynamics announced a PT for the 350 for early 2023.

So it seems there is a new game afoot!

View attachment 106
And ,,, How big is the Case opening ?

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
The replacement cylinder has not reached yet. RE supply chains seem really super slow these days, 4-6 weeks on average but sometimes even longer. we will be opening the engine only once we have the spares.