HT-b cam and Fuelx (pro and standard)

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
I have a question from a customer that I cant answer: Will the FuelX suffice to use a ht-b cam or do I need the FuelX Pro for that?

I have never used the FuelX (without pro). I have tested the Pro on the BS6 Euro5 with cam only and it worked great. I can manage a maximum of 25% additional fuel thru 7 steps with the switch (steps 1 and 2 allow for less fuel, 3 is neutral i.e. no change in ECU settings, 4 - 10 add successively more fuel up to 25% additional of what the ECU would allow).

But what does the standard FuelX do - and is it sufficient to operate the cam only (without 477 set)?

A year later: I have discussed it with RaceDynamics tech and THEY say their fuelX (without pro) is ONLY sufficient for unmodified 411 with stock cam and exhaust etc. any tuning above that would require the pro version.

. functioning principle

Attachments

• fuelx.jpg
    fuelx.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 42
The FuelX changes the Fuel according to the AFR.
The following data will give you an approximate change in the AFR on a Pro variant module.
Please note that the test was conducted on a specific vehicle with a constant RPM to observe the change in AFR. However, in real life, the AFR will dynamically vary, with respect to RPM, load, and other environmental conditions but always be in the range mentioned or relatively changes as per the table.

Map Approximate AFR
No of each map
1 - 14.5 - 14.6
2 - 14.4 - 14.5
3 - 14.3 - 14.6
4 - 14.1 - 14.3
5 - 13.8 - 14.1
6 - 13.6 - 13.8
7 - 13.2 - 13.5
8 - 12.9 - 13.2
9 - 12.5 - 12.7
10 - 12.2 - 12.5

I asked as an example for a moderate displacement change:

If I change the displacement from 350cc to 400cc in the new bullet j-engine will the fuelx pro be enough to account for this or do I need the PT4?

Answer:

For a certain rev range or RPM it might be enough but this might Vary as the FuelX only controls the readings given to the Lambda sensor
Hence the region of control is different and a PTV4 might be necessary along with a tune.

I asked as an example for a moderate displacement change:

If I change the displacement from 350cc to 400cc in the new bullet j-engine will the fuelx pro be enough to account for this or do I need the PT4?

Answer:
actually as we now have a real 410cc Hunter which runs great without ANY FuelX, Pro or otherwise this seems to supersede the answer given earlier.

actually as we now have a real 410cc Hunter which runs great without ANY FuelX, Pro or otherwise this seems to supersede the answer given earlier.
I'd delay this judgement to after the summer, when warmer climate will force ECU to lean out (an already leaner) mixture...

I'd keep an eye on engine temperature in traffic conditions...

I'd keep an eye on engine temperature in traffic conditions...
I"d love to but we have not been able to find a location for the oil temp sensor (like we did on the Himas) - maybe there is a way to catch the sensor data from the head sensor somewhere in the harness and then figure out which instrument would take that input and add it to the cluster.

I would try one of these that use an eyelet. Screenshot_20240203_094049_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

If you find one that fits bring it. I cant order from Aliexpress - it has been banned in India. I do not so much like those multi purpose thingies because inadvertently one will choose the wrong setting, e.g. have time or volts displayed while your engine fries ...

What you need is something like this then

IMG_20240201_084151.jpg

with a different scale of course :ROFLMAO:

Back