Hima model 2021 vs. 2022 or "is tripper worth it"

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
12. September 2021, 17:46
In India its already a done deal, you cant get a new Hima without tripper. But in the USA and other countries these are sold as "2022" models and the customer still has a choice (for a limited time, until the 2022s are the only choice!)

Which one would I choose? Without any hesitation the 2021 model WITHOUT tripper. Not so much because I do not like this gimmick (I actually don't care and do not plan to use it - other than as timepiece) - but there are other considerations:

• The new throttle body with attached ECU with integrated TPS makes it hard to construct a piggyback or replacement ECU that is as functional as the previous ones because by design they can not calculate with the TPS data (those are inaccessible to them)
  • Any alternative windshield will NOT fit - because the new instrument panel is wider and the windshield had to be adapted
  • Specific moddings like the "street version" will not fit because they also rely on the old version's width.
  • Any attachment to the sideframes will not fit because these have been redesigned and previously possible attachments and screws to fix e.g. extra fuel cans or bags or such - won't fit anymore.
  • There are literally no upgrades to this bike that make it a better bike over the previous version - and because stricter emission norms (BS6 equals Euro5) the already low power had to be reduced again, albeit only by a small amount.
  • The ONLY advantage this model has is a few more color options.

I am unfortunately forced to purchase the 2022 version as we need one testbed for ECU updates and possible other add-ons but I am not too happy about it.

Update to that year-old post: tripper is now gone from ALL models that previously featured it due to lack of chips from Taiwan at the factory (I was told).

The loss of the Tripper is a plus for Himalayan owners and the World IMO but the reason behind it should be a concern for us all, our favorite supplier is located in the wrong place perhaps:unsure:

Back