Expert Advise

Dool

Backyard Bodger
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner

It seems he wanted his Himalayan the be pretty much the same as it was before fitting the Fuelx Pro and got that so was pretty happy overall with the Purchase, Unfortunately he misleads a few times as when he compares it to a Cam shaft and compares the cost oblivious to the fact both are needed so the cost is greater therefore not a saving :ROFLMAO:

I wonder why you bring this video up. The guy is pretty clueless and appart from taking 11 minutes to say what could have been said in 3 his "evaluation" is pretty useless. Its one of those vids that give YT a bad rap :rolleyes:.
As you explained elsewhere an already lean configuration will get leaner with a performance cam added and so FuelX is needed (at least - there are other options). And yes, it will probably fix the cold start and cut-off issues if you use it on a stock bike like the booster plug does for about the same money and with more options.
I am not entirely sure how the standard FuelX works - does it have some fancy electronics that regulate fuel flow or is it just a booster plug by another name?

I posted it up to show that there are plenty of people who give opinions who are not qualified to do so, In his case he does admit he is no Mechanic yet offers advice (wrong advice as well ) 1.2K views so about a thousand mis informed viewers!
The Fuelx works as I have said before, by telling the ECU that it is not as it seems, so under 3 it tells it the engine is running Rich and above 3 it tells it that the Engine is running Lean to do this it has to fly under the radar of the ECU checking for Mods so it is not just a simple resister that is basically what is employed on a Booster Plug which works on the Inlet Air Temp and tells the ECU that it is cold.

The Fuelx works as I have said before, by telling the ECU that it is not as it seems, so under 3 it tells it the engine is running Rich and above 3 it tells it that the Engine is running Lean
Thats describes the PRO version. my question is: what does the FuelX without pro do? does it vary the fuel output or is it just one position (likely 10) from the Pro spectrum?

Presumably the same but to a lesser degree. Dont know if thats a 10

Presumably the same but to a lesser degree. Dont know if thats a 10

well, there is no switch so the question remains, how does it determine the extra fuel needed?

Told you already! The ECU adds the extra fuel because it's being lied to.

Told you already! The ECU adds the extra fuel because it's being lied to.
yes, but how much is it lied to, a constant value or something dependent on riding conditions. if its the same lie all the time whats the difference to power booster aka resistor.

I don't know, perhaps this is a good question for the Makers, good luck getting an answer 😁

Did not the Makers of Power Booster stop making them for BS6?
I am not sure if the IAT on the BS6 is accessible like the model before.

yes, but how much is it lied to, a constant value or something dependent on riding conditions. if its the same lie all the time whats the difference to power booster aka resistor.
There is a limit, whatever was programmed into the ECU is all the extra it is going to get, it was made for 411cc and there is only so much extra or less that a 411 would require, it is not capable of accounting for the Displacement increase we are expecting from it.
Closed Loop and Open Loop, the IAT would be in closed loop and the O2 sensor in Open Loop, that is my understanding.
So where a Power booster may fix Idle and other Open loop deficiencies the O2 sensor is in the Closed Loop where it gets and responds to feedback as opposed to in Open it just relies on the values in the Map, again my understanding.

Did not the Makers of Power Booster stop making them for BS6?
I am not sure if the IAT on the BS6 is accessible like the model before.
Right, they say as much. Not for BS6.

There is a limit, whatever was programmed into the ECU is all the extra it is going to get, it was made for 411cc and there is only so much extra or less that a 411 would require, it is not capable of accounting for the Displacement increase we are expecting from it.
would this limitation not be the same for a PT or even PC bc they also only manipulate the stock ECU? Then why does a PT work for a 477 but a FuelX Pro at position 10 (max fuel) does not?

Simple. the Fuelx pro or lite only interacts with the O2 sensor circuit, PC and PT take over all the circuits they are connected to.

would this limitation not be the same for a PT or even PC bc they also only manipulate the stock ECU? Then why does a PT work for a 477 but a FuelX Pro at position 10 (max fuel) does not?

Apart from the difference in cost, PC can Manipulate to a greater degree than PT .

The PT I fitted disabled the O2 sensor with a cheap trick loom that was "cold soldered" and therefore intermittent. There is 4 wires going to it , they cut one and spliced it one of the remaining 3 and didn't join the wires properly.

The PC I fitted connected to one extra sensor, cost heaps more but is " Compatible With " the Software used by the "Pros" and could only be tuned better by disconnecting the O2 sensor!

With @Sasa we have exceeded the power output of the PC with the much cheaper Smarter option of the RB😫 But have and will not be the recipients of the glory ( intentionally spelt with a lower case G )💩
🐈‍⬛

Back