Dyno Results

Dool

Backyard Bodger
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
Today the 443 had its run and failed to produce 50% more power than stock!
It could only make a gain of 48% so back to the Drawing board :(

Attachments

• IMG_20230120_091420_resized_20230120_094643154.jpg
    IMG_20230120_091420_resized_20230120_094643154.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
Titanium Bolts probably had no effect ;) as it was on the Dyno.

Today the 443 had its run and failed to produce 50% more power than stock!
It could only make a gain of 48% so back to the Drawing board :(
This last configuration is very very very impressive...

I made a quick comparison with the last run which had a similar configuration (443, BV ported head, 34mmTB, free flowing filter and exhaust) and there is no noticeable loss in power and torque up to 4500RPM, but beyond that the two curves diverge substantially...
At 5000RPM the difference is already 1hp, almost 2 at 5500 and up to almost 4 (!!!!!) from 6500 onward!

Mind you: these result have been obtained with suboptimal fueling (while last run was constant AFR 13) with a mixture too rich up to 6500RPM (low 12s...).
What does it mean? That most probably the highest number wouldn't change BUT the rest of the curve with this cam could be consistently higher than the previous build...
Also the air temperature was 34/36C, with a lower air temperature (20/25C) you could have had that magic 33...

I forgot to mention that the torque curve is now extremely constant throughout the range, up to 6500RPM... Incredible...

I wonder what this combo head+valve+cam would do on the 500cc... 36/37 perhaps? Food for thoughts...

Dont get Bobs hopes up too much :ROFLMAO: The 500 has just been beaten by a 443! 0.4HP higher than the best 500 chart I have producedšŸ˜
Now I will concentrate on the 500 and prove myself wrong :rolleyes:

Someone would wonders if that power is usable when so up high...

Well if you don't sacrifice anything at the usual usable range (2000-5500), wouldn't be nice to have it on tap for the occasional hooliganism??? :cool:

Dont get Bobs hopes up too much :ROFLMAO: The 500 has just been beaten by a 443! 0.4HP higher than the best 500 chart I have producedšŸ˜
Now I will concentrate on the 500 and prove myself wrong :rolleyes:
We'll bring your 500cc where no one has been before, mark my words! :cool:

Because of the Nature of this Forum ie , no one reads it so I dont get any bad feed back šŸ™ƒ
I share this thought without fear of some tosser taking offence:)

What Happened Yesterday? Why did I not get 50% more to the Point!

So an investigation is being undertaken and all should be revealed next week.
In the meantime I present some evidence , the Data collected from this Dyno run could result in an improved Map bringing the 50% closer to my reach;)

Okay the Pictures explained,

Top left, shows that the Horses ( 32.6 of them!) start to drop at 6600RPM ( Red Line is 6500! )
I have no respect for the line. It goes to 8000 and I think there is a Horse or 2 hiding up there.
It also shows the AFR going high in the corresponding revs, could the Horses want more Oats:unsure:.

Top right shows 4 maps are very close if that is what you want take from it.

But look at the Torque up to 38 Nm ! right smack in the middle where you ride this Bike at 3000 to 5000rpm
Bottom is of course the Software showing the Map as taken from the ECU before the run and shall be used in evidence:cool:

48% increase with just 8% more Displacement, so perhaps Bigger is Better, if you want to take in the scenery and eat others dust you dont need to this and there is a dedicated Forum for that as well :censored:

Attachments

• what happened.jpg
    what happened.jpg
    722.6 KB · Views: 77
little does Beemerboff know that the very reason they kicked me out of their cosy Club of Scenery admirers is because I challenged their beliefs in the God's to whom they prostrate themselves to.
Those same God's who have yet to post as much of an improvement :ROFLMAO:
So no, I shan't be posting the achievement on there as I have Insufficient Privelages to do so:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Screenshot_20230121_143210_com.android.chrome.jpg

Hey guys, I'm back; I've been in the coffee plantations down south and no internet...
Anyways, dang Peter, nice work! But guys, don't count me out yet...
Bob

Hey guys, I'm back; I've been in the coffee plantations down south and no internet...
Bob
@RCruiser Iā€™m not counting you out, rather counting on you to get past the 35hp mark!!!

Bob
Honestly Bob I never even thought to collude with @Sasa and keep the best Maps from you :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And I wouldnt try to Bribe him either:unsure:

The Bar is Set !

I have a plan, never stick them anyway, tomorrow I am fitting the 37mm TB to my 500 ( until I can work out the TPS wiring for another TB ), it feels like it needs it ;)
Famous last word perhaps but after riding the 443 then the 500 I can say the 500 at present is the less Lively of the 2 and Im pretty sure the 34 is on the 443:unsure:
another plan was to give up when I get to 50 % , but that was a while back now and I cannot remember why I would do that now:)

50 % was always a Dream I chose 33RWHP because of the number not because I thought it was achievable ( it is the Number of a dish on my menu!).
I have no Idea where you came up with 36.9 :unsure: :unsure::giggle: but that is like 68 % and FFS nobody gets that from an air cooled single normally aspirated SOHC engine.

Will not stop us trying though:LOL:

Ya Peter I get that your 33 was just a number, and an unachievable one at that, same as me.

Nichola Tesla once said ā€œIf you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6, and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.ā€ He's one of my hero's so I've liked those numbers...

I'll be happy with 33, or however much the current configuration is, IF the bike runs like a dream and is reliable. Which it seems to be, but I haven't gotten the last 'b' Cam nor a dyno so I've got some ways to go yet.
Bob

Tesla Intro:

Last edited:
The Omelette is number 33 :LOL:

And 33 represents a 50% Gain, so it does seem an ask. When better men than us get only 20%

So where does our 28% more than theirs come from ?

I sent HMC a picture of my Dyno Run with the Kent Cam, they replied of course. Unless they have Bots:eek:
4 Valve Head for a Himalayan is not going to Happen, seems it costs Lots of Money:(

Have a look at the Fkn difference 2 more Vales makes:ninja: Talk about Improvements !!
media.nl

Back