Chinese AFR meter is of questionable quality

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
Few people will ever feel the need to invest in an AFR meter but if you do stay away from this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003599132669.html

After only 2 month it stopped working. I am not sure if the sensor or the instrument died - my guess would be the sensor because the instrument runs thru its initialization - but then only displays 3 dots in the middle of the screen and no values. We spent literally hours to check all the electrical contacts to make sure it wasn't the reason for this failure - to no avail.

Also: although there are 2 meaningless 5-star reviews on the Aliexpress site for this product I seem to be unable to add my own review in spite of the fact that I purchased it. Ali is even worse than Amazon when it comes to faking reviews it seems.

We deep cleaned the sensor with carburetor cleaning spray. After that we re-installed it and it showed values however the values did change very slowly (much slower than before) so they may be arbitrary and not really what should be indicated.
Also: the instrument remained DARK after ignition was switched on UNTIL the + pole was dis- and the re-connected. Every time. I have no idea how and why this happened. I have a new sensor on order but I don't have a lot of hope it will work as before (and maybe even longer??)

pics: reference pic from catalogue, blackened sensor.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 60
  • 20221119_075541.jpg
    20221119_075541.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 67
Unfortunately in this application the O2 sensor is a consumable part because it does not have the functioning Heater Circuit that would help to keep it clean, but to tune correctly an AFR meter is invaluable.

Back