BS6/Euro5 477 now possible - Racedynamics released the new V.4 Powertronic for the Hima

sam2019

Administrator
Staff member
Distributor
Developer
477 Owner
UPDATE: This is a lengthy discussion and much of it is outdated - I leave it to show the timeline and how we fought the inital problems.
Currently there is a very good map - about 95% optimized, for a 477 WITHOUT performance cam OR a 477 with cam PLUS FuelX Pro
for download here.

Its a bit more expensive (only about 8%) and can be ordered from today:

I have not checked if the R-Tune software has changed too - will update on that once I receive my new PT.

R-tune 4.0 is a brand new program it seems. The download file is called 1.2.59 but it installs as V4.0

Attachments

• Clipboard01.gif
    Clipboard01.gif
    98.8 KB · Views: 87
Received the package today, including a generic installation manual but the new software is the problem here. It works differently from the old one and I have not been able to locate a manual. Keep you updated!
This is what it looks like if connected to the ECU but not to the bike. What is amazing is that it reads out TPS voltage at 0.4?? volts without an actual bike connected...
Also: the config page looks really confusing to me.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.gif
    Clipboard01.gif
    285.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Clipboard02.gif
    Clipboard02.gif
    365.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
They had the product before they made a manual for it! Great! :eek:🤦‍♂️

There wasnt really a manual for the old version either - only 2 short YT videos that shed some light on some but not all aspects.
However with the old version one could guess what one had to do -mostly- but this one is stranger and has elements and functions that I do not understand at all.

I cant help but think it is meant to be Hard.
those screenshots seem to show limitations as well as the Method used, I have not much need to run it, but shall soon.
I am not getting a Bs6 but I would download the cheat sheet;)

Got this far, Windows didn't like it, got it to the laptop via USB stick:sleep:

Attachments

• IMG_20221217_011157_resized_20221217_011553297.jpg
    IMG_20221217_011157_resized_20221217_011553297.jpg
    812.2 KB · Views: 81
you are running Win11 right? Google says:

The missing dll api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0. dll is installed with a Windows update. To resolve this issue, download and install the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows from Microsoft. 07-Oct-2022

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226

Screenshots of map2 fuel, spark and config. I could not figure out how to "calibrate" the PT4 like I did the PT3 with full throttle.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-17 at 17.02.47 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-17 at 17.02.47 (2).jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 114
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-17 at 17.02.47.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-17 at 17.02.47.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 108
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-12-17 at 17.02.46.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-17 at 17.02.46.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 112
@sam2019 what is your current configuration for the bike? Stock 411 and cam? I'm asking bc the numbers above in your pics have to be correlated to the configuration...

I know you probably stated somewhere what is your configuration but I lost track of all the trials and swaps you're going through!

411 with htb cam and fuelx pro at position 10. I took both PTs out, the 3 and the 4. The 3 bc it never worked and the 4 bc i dont know how the software works

If that is the configuration, I guess you can add 3 to 5 to the whole row at 0 and at 5 of the first image you sent.

It goes without saying that you have to have done the throttle calibration before.

Anyhow when a manual becomes available we can start playing with the PT a little.

Well, I keep the 411 for now bc nothing else works and my BS4 is probably being sold soon bc I need the cash. Once I get a clear and full description of how Rtune4 works I consider going back to 477 but not before - or maybe we get lucky and get the real ECU for the BS6 before even that. Until then I have to make do with the ca. 4HP the cam adds to stock. Its of course not the same as 477 :-(

Well, I keep the 411 for now bc nothing else works and my BS4 is probably being sold soon bc I need the cash. Once I get a clear and full description of how Rtune4 works I consider going back to 477 but not before - or maybe we get lucky and get the real ECU for the BS6 before even that. Until then I have to make do with the ca. 4HP the cam adds to stock. Its of course not the same as 477 :-(
Getting Lucky is a Hit or Miss affair, 🌠my well tuned 411 got a good boost with just the cam and exhaust as we saw, but if the Bs6 runs with a Cam and Fuelx that is better than the Scooter.

Hello Sir, we will have a manual coming soon for the same

remember this? yeah, that was on Dec. 17th. It teaches you what soon means in Hindi: any time between now and the end of the universe.
I had a call with 2 different support people at Racedynamics. They are in the process of
  • Doing some sort of manual or otherwise material for the V4 software (can take forever)
  • Making maps for all sorts of bikes (also those they sell the hardware for but dont have a map for yet)
I offered them to send a free 477 complete set which they could install (for a pittance) but "no sir, we do not have Himalayan, but if you have a friend in Bangalore with a BS6" ... - no god dammit, I dont!!!

So MAYBE if Hitchcocks feels the pressure for their BB kit they will get active or maybe some Dude I sell a kit to has access to a Dyno and will do the job somewhere else on the planet. The Hitch BB is close enough, we could easily tweak their maps to fit our needs if and when that shows up.

I saw a Chrome tank Interceptor today and remembered what I went to buy before I came out with the Himalayan, I still love the look from certain angles, the Shape is like a BSA A65 on one side, and an arse about British bike on the other side, you need to pick an angle where the Mufflers dont look like a Goldwing but other than that I can see the appeal.

Not that I doubted my decision ;)

remember this? yeah, that was on Dec. 17th. It teaches you what soon means in Hindi: any time between now and the end of the universe.
I had a call with 2 different support people at Racedynamics. They are in the process of
  • Doing some sort of manual or otherwise material for the V4 software (can take forever)
  • Making maps for all sorts of bikes (also those they sell the hardware for but dont have a map for yet)
I offered them to send a free 477 complete set which they could install (for a pittance) but "no sir, we do not have Himalayan, but if you have a friend in Bangalore with a BS6" ... - no god dammit, I dont!!!

So MAYBE if Hitchcocks feels the pressure for their BB kit they will get active or maybe some Dude I sell a kit to has access to a Dyno and will do the job somewhere else on the planet. The Hitch BB is close enough, we could easily tweak their maps to fit our needs if and when that shows up.
They sell enough to be getting feedback I presume.

This is a follow-up email from Team PowerTRONIC.
It is recommended to upgrade the Firmware/R-Tune software/Maps once it is delivered as they are being constantly updated with bug fixes and various other improvements.
You can get the latest version of the aforementioned from the following link: https://powertronicecu.com/downloads-powertronic-v4/
If you need any assistance on this, please reply to this email. We are happy to assist you.

support@powertronicecu.com

Last edited:
Today I received a BS6 PT4 file for a 83.5mm 477 Hima - however it is unknown if this particular bike when dynoed had any extras installed on top of the 477 kit. I am on it, the map will be tested on Friday on my own BS6 with stock cam (but PowerAge exhaust). That bike also has FuelX Pro installed but for the time being I will put it on level 3 which is meant to be neutral.

Back