Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

RE tech support group on Facebook

Sometimes the guys here just can't help with an issue and then it is helpful to have access to this fb group which has some quite well informed members. Most are from Germany which makes it a bit rigid at times (OMG, do not use this mod, it is ILLEGAL <gasp..!!>) but the upside is that you get less noise (like you will always get in the advrider thread) and MUCH less unqualified aka WRONG information.

On a personal note: I do not like fb - actually I kinda hate it for its manipulative stance on many topics and very rigid ruleset when it comes to "inoffical opinions". But this is a purely technical issue and fb does not interfere in those (at least as much as I can see). I participate under a pseudonym -of course- minimal protection from that data grabbing kraken.

Of course if you don't want to go to all the trouble of becoming a fb member you can just ask here and if we run out of answers I can always ask over there. And you may need google translate for what is already published there, much is in German but they all speak English too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/828936904616531/

Quote from sam2019 on 14. September 2021, 4:44

and MUCH less unqualified aka WRONG information.

That's my department.  😯  Are you trying to muzzle me?  😆

For what it's worth, I never try to mislead or give false information, but heaven's knows I get it wrong from time to time   😎

Dool has reacted to this post.
Dool
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZS7_4U_Qp-qdBoWtZVDww/videos

Dont we all at times. That is why we are humans.

oldphart has reacted to this post.
oldphart

Great things come from mistakes , well some are Great the wrong way but Great all the same.

The GPS we are so happy to use probably only got to us because of some Military disaster like the Dessert Storm offensive, Im just waiting to see what we get from the Last big Bloodletting, maybe Night Vision will be in our reach shortly( seems the Taliban have a few ) so some mistakes have sort of silver linings.

Helps if you live in the country doing the Bombing and not the recipient Country 😳

Quote from Dool on 14. September 2021, 13:02

The GPS we are so happy to use probably only got to us because of some Military disaster like the Dessert Storm offensive

Funny you should say that. I was a surveyor in a former life. In those days, the yanks had their satellites set up so they lied about their location, basically making GPS inaccurate to about 30m or more. You never really knew. You could take your readings and send them off and, about 6 months later, you got the correct results. Alternatively, you could put up one receiver over a known point and take readings at another enabling you to calculate the bearing and distance to the point you wanted to locate. This was accurate. Then came Desert Storm and overnight, they turned those errors off because, of course, the American military needed to know where they were and what they were dropping their bombs on. It's remained off ever since.

So yeah, we, the great unwashed, got accurate GPS because of Desert Storm... but it wasn't any mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqZS7_4U_Qp-qdBoWtZVDww/videos
Quote from oldphart on 14. September 2021, 13:27

So yeah, we, the great unwashed, got accurate GPS because of Desert Storm... but it wasn't any mistake.

and because we can choose now. GPS has become a generic term but we also have Galileo, Glonass (not Glasnost), BeiDou and Navic (did I forget one?)

Most phones support Galileo and Glonass on top of GPS, Navic only works in India and only Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi and Apple have BeiDou support

So all this is Simpler than a Good Map ? 😕

Its Called "Convenience" the more convenient the more it costs.

Guugle maps isnt trying to teach you its trying to sell you (your Data) just as it sucks you into its search function and email service and pay options, willing slaves are easier to control.

Having said that I bought a Huawei because its got an awesome camera. 😛  Trust them as much as I trust the other bastards!

But back to the Topic I dont like fb either, I have used my sons to have a look on market plc and agree it has coverage, cant argue against that.

If television was called an Idiot Box then what have Now is so much more powerful, what will we call it?

"my Precious "?

sam2019 and oldphart have reacted to this post.
sam2019oldphart