Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

whats the Compression expected with 477

Reddy , how many Kms has the Engine / Cam chain done?

Are you doing a measurement of Piston to Deck clearance?

You mention the Head Gasket , what Base gasket are you using?

🤷‍♂️

Reddy asked me for a forged piston. I quoted him 250 Euro which is exactly what I paid including taxes and shipping - let me add if I was to sell it on a profitable basis it would cost at least 400 Euro. The piston is a bit cleaner but the differences are negligible and have no influence on the fuction.

Here are pics of the forged original, ours were made with measurements derived from this Piston.

20211007_105339.jpg

20211007_105410.jpg

I was Only Worried On the Way the Valve Scoops Were Made on The Piston ,Appears as if its been Chiselled in  Rough pattern , Let me Go Ahead with this piston, Hope With this 2nd Set of Rings Recieved ( Along with my 2nd order of Sleeve Piston & Japanese Ring Gasket kit ) Will be within the Limit of Ring End Gaps As Discussed ,( The 1st Ringset Gap was Far Above the Limits Even On .05 BorePiston Gap )

See the image of piston received with valve scoops in my earlier message  in this tread

Quote from Reddy on 11. October 2021, 10:33

The 1st Ringset Gap was Far Above the Limits Even On .05 BorePiston Gap

In cases like this its not helpful to just state the gap was somehow not OK - it only helps if you have hard data, either in the form of a measurement (not easy unless you have special tools) or a good picture - which is VERY easy - just put the ring in the cyliner and shoot the gap you see.

Regarding the valve indention - it is completely irrelevant if they are rough or polished for the function of them or the piston as a whole.

here is the ring gap of a 0.05mm bore with the indian rings (the worst of all) - it is just right if you ask me. Dool?

Uploaded files:
  • 001.jpg
Dool has reacted to this post.
Dool

New Honda AfricaTwin Has Compression Ratio of 10.1:1 recomending Normal 89 to 91 ,

How Do i Convert A compression of 200 of Himalayan  Translate Into Ratio ?

IS There Any chance of Auto Tune Facility Inbuilt into ECU to Advance OR Retard Ignition Depending upon Fuel Variation ?

I have KTM 1190 ( Now replaced With 1290 ) My friend added 2 litres of Diesel in 12 litres Petrol Tank ,Luckily it ran well ,( Found KTM can take up minor variations with ease) Unlike my friends bikes had tough time ,

Can we have some thing similar on himalayan ?

Reddy there is a formula but I am no Math expert.

I dont like to say it, but "google it" .

Are you having problems with Knocking ?

I dont know if the PT can sense these things, perhaps ask PT they are pretty helpfull.