Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Powertronic Replacement Part 2 - Status: Canceled

No to get too much OT I have created this topic for the fuelX discussion

https://forum.himalayan-tools.com/forum/topic/the-new-powertronic-fuelx-pro-device/#postid-2293

This Replacement ECU ( providing it fits your Model ) is going to make you very happy, because it has Complete Control over the System. The Idle will be stronger and not Erratic because it is not trying to Strangle the emissions, this ECU works for YOU not the EU.

I quickly installed a unit today and the Bike fired up and ran great and Idled well, I took it down the Freeway, didnt really get the hand of the different maps but for it to come out of the box and just plug and Go was a Treat in itself.

Had to swap back to the OEM ECU and PT for tomorrows Dyno run 10 minute job ( with previous AirBox Delete)

sam2019 has reacted to this post.
sam2019

Having given a Glowingly good report on these I must inform that I have some to sell so , perhaps do your own research and take what I say with a pinch of Salt.

Seriously you will want one, installation time is negligible compared to a Piggy Back system.

😉

sam2019 has reacted to this post.
sam2019

Regarding the option to make a replacement ECU for this euro5 or bs6 hima: prospects look dim. here is an article from the german group I translated:

After the question arose whether the IAT tricking cable also fits the EURO5 and I wanted to meet with Michael Krämer for the purpose of installation Michael has found in the circuit diagram that the new has no IAT sensor. ... I didn't want to believe it at first but that made me do some more research:
Due to the latest EURO5 emission regulations, the Himalayan engines now run even leaner than before and would actually need the small controlled fuel enrichment achieved by IAT tricking even more urgently than the EURO4 version.
The problem here is the legislator:
With the new emissions restrictions that will apply to new registrations from 2021 it is a legal requirement that all sensors are monitored, manufacturers are obliged to install monitoring systems in the ECU and ensure that they display a warning in the dashboard if one of the sensors has signs of tampering.
Royal Enfield has dropped the IAT ( temperature sensor in the airbox ) in addition to a different ECU and seems to be using the modified cat as well as a different Lambda sensor setup to create the new even stricter exhaust emissions plus increased "tamper proof". ( well let's see 😀 )
Now good advice is expensive as they say, even the previous Powertronic modifications no longer work.
Maybe there is sometime yet a way directly into the ECU ... or an intelligent lambda probe modification that changes the injection amount so that stable concentricity and good pull from the basement are possible again.
In addition: Who is the manufacturer of the new ECU? ( hopefully not Keihin )
I'm curious, let's follow the topic ... and guard your EURO4 !

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

This does not appear to be good news, especially so If you have the latest version, anti Tampering may be good for the EU but it will make a Lean Bike even Leaner.

There will be ways around it of course, in time.

Displacement still works 😉

Some one will come up with a work around, it may just take a while.

Quote from Kiwi59 on 21. September 2021, 10:34

Some one will come up with a work around, it may just take a while.

Yes, possibly. The point is: RE has "locked" away so many of the relevant data in a "hardened" BS6 ECU that it may be impossible to circumvent it properly with a piggyback design like the PT (although one could always lie to the less informed customers and sell them something that SOUNDS like it does the same as the old piggyback of the previous versions).

A real replacement can ONLY be a standalone ECU that has also the throttlebody (TB) attached to it - basically the same thing RE puts into the BS6 aka 2022 models EXCEPT its not hardened against changes in the program - but quite the opposite: programmable.

Such a replacement ECU would be much more expensive than the old fashioned piggyback - likely double the price as it has to include the TB as well, and given the rather small advantages the old PT offered for stock Himas - the market will be small. Basically only users of the various big bore kits will need them - making them even more expensive. Based on that I guess there won't be any real replacements but only partially "fake" ones like the "new" PT - They will work to a point but not give the same flexibility as the old variant.

They can still advance ignition and to a certain extend influence the mixture. but that will be much more based on guesswork than real data input from the sensors which are now hidden behind the "firewall" or the hardened ECU.

If RE decides to make the ECU "tamper proof" - which they anounced and easily could (just find sensor input that does not make sense and shut off the engine) - then no piggyback will work. That remains to be seen = the "new" PT for BS6 is on their site but flagged "sold out" which means its not available yet.

It is still unclear if there will ever be a BS6 version. I personally do not think so (see above). But for those who have purchased the BS4 version from us, here is the software to download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ruu4R-uPpQOYFLXBX39f5dKNp6aCeVT8/view?usp=sharing

Question asked via email: when we will offer them in the shop(s):

Firstly we are talking ONLY about the BS4 version - NOT the BS6 version - because the latter does not exist (yet) and may never exist - or it may be an inferior product which we won't sell, or it may be prohibitively expensive.

Whether  or not we continue to sell the BS4 version a decsision will be made in about 10 days, for logistical reasons (availability and reliability of the manufacturer in case of warranty claims). Of course you will be informed here first - and if we decide to sell it the ECU will shine up on the respective websites for purchase as well.

kabuku6 has reacted to this post.
kabuku6

check first msg for status!